Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I want a P2! And how are we going to get these to you? - Page 17 — Parallax Forums

I want a P2! And how are we going to get these to you?

Comments

• @__red__
    Speaking of - do we have an ETA for shipping for any of them yet?

My best guess - a day or three (max) to ship.

Ken Gracey

• It's getting close!
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    We started building the P2 Eval boards today at Parallax. It took a while to resolve some USB power supply sharing issue, but now that that is done, we are rolling.
  • I was able to take the family to the last hour of the "hour of code" event hosted at Parallax today. It was my first time visiting Parallax and I was quite impressed! There was a large area where kids could program robots using blockly. There was a room of Scribbler's setup to draw designs on paper. Another room with an internet controlled robot that was popping balloons. And a station for prototyping circuits on breadboards. We were just in time to go on the last tour of the day. While we were on the tour we had the opportunity to see the solder paste dispenser and pick and place machine in action. I immediately recognized the finished boards as the P2 Eval boards! Very cool! Thank you Parallax for such a neat event.
  • I'm really excited to get my P2 ES board.

What's A Microcontroller and the Boe-Bot with the BASIC Stamp 2 were the first microcontroller I ever programmed, in an elective class in high school about 17 years ago. :smiley:
  • @Jon_Thomasson
    . I immediately recognized the finished boards as the P2 Eval boards! Very cool! Thank you Parallax for such a neat event.

That's cool, did you see the one with my name on it? :) . It's really amazing what kids have access to these days .

• cgracey wrote: »
    We started building the P2 Eval boards today at Parallax. It took a while to resolve some USB power supply sharing issue, but now that that is done, we are rolling.

It's beginning to look a lot like chipmas
    Everywhere you go...
  • It's beginning to look a lot like chipmas
    Everywhere you go...

Good, I need something to pass the time over the long holiday vacation.
    : P
  • I’m so much looking forward to playing with a P2. I keep looking at the P2 ES product page in the Shop (now down to 11 remaining). :neutral:
    Unfortunately, as a hobbiest on a tight budget, I’m going to have to wait several months into 2019 until I can buy a production chip.

I’ll miss out on getting a headstart on P2 coding & all the P2 hardware hacking fun, but I’ll definitely be following all the discussion closely. :smile:
    So, to all who’ve ordered their P2 ES board, please be sure to give it your full deserved attention, and please keep us all informed on your progress!
  • Haven't heard much regarding progress on the boards, just curious to see if we can get an update.

Thanks,

C.W.
    ctwardell wrote: »
    Haven't heard much regarding progress on the boards, just curious to see if we can get an update.

Thanks,

C.W.

Because each PCB has to be modified with a trace cut, in order to accommodate the two USB power inputs, it's going slowly. We are thinking these boards will be done on Tuesday.
  • Thanks for the update Chip.

Sorry to hear about the extra manual steps, but glad it was fixable.

C.W.
  • Thanks Chip!

Short traces ring, are you listenin'? In the lane, eval board are shippin'. A beautiful sight. We're happy tonight. Walking in a Chipmas Wonderland!
  • Bravo ke4pjw !!!
    Very festive :-)

I know I can't wait to open my P2 EVAL board from under the "workbench-tree" this year :-)

J
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    Sound like a solution has been found to the power problem.
    That's good news.

If you want to send me the board now, I can cut the trace myself :)
    Today we are going to test the P2 Eval boards, so that we can start shipping them out.

Look and see...

2048 x 1152 - 1M
    Today we are going to test the P2 Eval boards, so that we can start shipping them out.

Look and see...

Looks like 117. Should get 100 good ones. It's Chipmas!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Looking good 😊
  • Nice mittens
  • Very exciting!
  • Just noticed the Eval board stock went from 13 to None in 1 hour. Late comers? Maybe lower yield?
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    edited 2018-12-17 20:48
    Or maybe Chip's pic plus the proximity of Christmas?
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    Publison wrote: »
    Just noticed the Eval board stock went from 13 to None in 1 hour. Late comers? Maybe lower yield?

It was 12 last time I checked, before going to zero. Last week the number available increased by nine or ten. Perhaps that increase was a mistake and today it was corrected?

• W9GFO wrote: »
    Just noticed the Eval board stock went from 13 to None in 1 hour. Late comers? Maybe lower yield?

It was 12 last time I checked, before going to zero. Last week the number available increased by nine or ten. Perhaps that increase was a mistake and today it was corrected?

Looking at the red inspection sticker, there may be a few for rework?
    W9GFO wrote: »

Looking at the red inspection sticker, there may be a few for rework?

Ha, I was expecting Jmg to say something about that. There is a bit of solder coating on the back of that pad, making it look less than perfect. Nothing wrong, that we know of. Testing will reveal problems, though.
  • T Chap wrote: »
    Nice mittens

Their cooking up a storm :-)

J

Look and see...

That is a truly lovely sight!! Can't wait!
  • I hope these ship in time for me to get it before Saturday. I'm going out of town for a week (starting Sunday) and would fret over them sitting outside for a long time.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    I'm the same way... Hope it's a FIFO buffer there at Parallax shipping...
  • At 320MHz per core that's a 299.52GHz super computer with seven and a half thousand I/O (but less than 60MB RAM) if you could rack it all together!!!

I'm sure that will spin Fozzie fast enough that his eyebrows would fly off!!