Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Live stream of bringing P2 Evaluation Board up - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Live stream of bringing P2 Evaluation Board up

2»

Comments

• also lsio (Lsio) to check i/o pin pullup/down
  • VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,272
    edited 2018-11-30 22:23
    Thanks for those snippets Peter. I just passed them onto Chip and the gang, along with Tubular's tip and reminder on port numbering.

AFAIK they are planning to start proper stress testing tomorrow. At least Chip should have a board in his hands then- I guess so he can exercise it fully over the weekend.

At least the news is good from manufacturing. They are working great so far as powering up, and booting from serial as expected! Not hit any issues like the first batch of test chips.

Power up- blink blink- TAQOZ - Hooray !
  • I can't wait to use my $10000 coupon :-)

j
  • Now that we have the board brought up, along with better WiFi in the manufacturing area, we'll do a live stream with Chip on Friday when he's in the office. You'll be able to ask him any questions.

Ken Gracey
  • TAQOZ for the win. Great to see the board running.
  • Very exciting! Excellent work everyone.
  • Congrats on this long awaited and very promising milestone!!!
  • Awesome stuff! Looks like everything is paying off, congrats! :smile:
  • Here's the test code OzPropDev and I have been using

It calculates analog statistics about each pin at different frequencies 20..240 MHz. See attached sample output

To use it, after loading with F11 key, open a serial terminal to it at 115200 baud and press a key to start conversions.

If it hangs at the end of the first line then comment out the 1-wire DS18B20 temp sensor code

At the end of testing it shuts down

It would be good to see whether these values are tighter / lower noise compared with the glob top chips and p2d2 2 layer board

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    Tubular wrote: »
    It would be good to see whether these values are tighter / lower noise compared with the glob top chips and p2d2 2 layer board

Certainly would.
    These Eval boards have lower noise 3v3 regulators, as well as more layers.
    Switching regulators are different switching speed, so will be different noise.
    Also be interesting to see the VGA tests and if the jitter/PLL issues are better/worse/nochange

• Don't forget you can check the Flash with .SF (print Serial Flash) which will report back the Flash IDs etc. You can also check the SD with MOUNT which should report back the details of a successful FAT32 mount.
    TAQOZ# MOUNT .SDSL08G 6130_6430 P2D2       32k 7,576M ok

Then type DIR to see what's on there.

Other quick and useful stuff would be to check all the I/O, perhaps by outputting a different frequency on each like this:
    0 58 ADO I PIN I 1+ KHZ LOOP 

Thanks! We tried this just now. Flash looks good. MOUNT seemed to work but didn't have a FAT32 SD handy.

I/O toggles! P0 = 1.8 ms through P57 = ~31 us