Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 - Cool, Hot, or Wot? - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

P2 - Cool, Hot, or Wot?

13»

Comments

• Where I live, there is no curb side trash pickup. So you have to drive your trash once or twice a week to the local dump.

They have a building for recycling old electronics.
    Can't tell you how many times I've pulled things out of there! ; ]

Guess I'm part of the recycling team.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,131
    Just a few dollars at Goodwill...
    Ym2413a wrote: »
    Where I live, there is no curb side trash pickup. So you have to drive your trash once or twice a week to the local dump.

Old people tell me that they used to go to the dump to get parts to fix things. Now, they've got all kinds of signs that you can't take ANYTHING from the dump. Maybe they've had some bad situations when hoarders showed up.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    Just a few dollars at Goodwill...
    Ym2413a wrote: »
    Where I live, there is no curb side trash pickup. So you have to drive your trash once or twice a week to the local dump.

Old people tell me that they used to go to the dump to get parts to fix things. Now, they've got all kinds of signs that you can't take ANYTHING from the dump. Maybe they've had some bad situations when hoarders showed up.

Or lawyers happened:

"If parts are taken from the dump with permission, built into products that then contribute to an event that leads to litigation, could we be implicated? If so, deny permission and then we are covered."
  • Yeah, it's largely liability management at this point. Sad.