Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg will not download — Parallax Forums

Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg will not download

I am trying to download the latest version of the Simple IDE for the mac (the older version installed with no issues). When I click on the link for (Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg), there is a delay and then garbage on the screen. This is an older mac running OSX 10.8.5. Download is being attempted from Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit). This is the unsupported version of Chrome (since I am not upgrading the OS).

FYI

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2018-11-20 00:44
    Did you try downloading it through Terminal?

Open a terminal, cd to some directory, and run "curl -O https://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg" to download it into that directory.

EDIT: Even easier: what happens if you try to save the page with the garbage from Chrome? Parallax's server is incorrectly not telling your browser that the file should be downloaded, so your browser just assumes it's a text file, which it certainly isn't, and displays it as such. If you try saving the garbage page, it might give you the correct file.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    ...When I click on the link for (Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg), there is a delay and then garbage on the screen. This is an older mac running OSX 10.8.5.

Simple-IDE_1-1-0_MacOS.pkg is for 10.10.0 or newer.
  • Also try right-clicking on it, if your mouse supports that function, and then select "save as" for your downloaded item.

And this message is being sponsored by the original Ghostbusters. "We are ready to believe you!"
  • Thanks W9GFO, it would help if I took the time to read. :)