Propeller 2 Logic Analyzer

2»

Comments

• Cluso99 wrote: »
    No worries.

I just tried VGA and I am not getting anything displayed. PC is working with your code.
    I will need to check my wiring but not tonight :(

VGA and Brian's LA work as I tried it already. This is my setup:
    P0-->HSYNC
    P1-->BLUE
    P2-->GREEN
    P3-->RED
    P4-->VSYNC

Just wire up the grounds and connect to these pins directly and it will work, especially as Brian's code runs on a P2D2 like yours.

Yes, that is how I thought I had wired it. GND is just above the P0/P1 pair.
    If the cable meters ok, I'll try another monitor. I am using an Acer X233H 23". Perhaps it's not recognising the auto switch (might require 3V3/5V on the power pin 9)
    My Prop boards: P8XBlade2 , RamBlade , CpuBlade , TriBlade
    P1 Prop OS (also see Sphinx, PropDos, PropCmd, Spinix)
    P1: Tools (Index) , Emulators (Index) , ZiCog (Z80)
    P2: Tools & Code , Tricks & Traps
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 11,946
    edited 2018-11-14 - 22:19:59
    While you must use 2.0V DAC mode for R/G/B, you need to use 3.3V DAC mode for HSYNC.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 15,548
    edited 2018-11-15 - 08:22:28
    OK. VGA working - Vsync not connected properly :(

Presume its monochrome?
  • Palette is at end of code.
    Comment out monochrome palette and uncomment color palette.
    Melbourne, Australia
  • Done. Nice job Brian :smiley:

• Brian,
    I've just run up P123_A9_LA.exe on Wine and it gives me a baudrate error, see attached, that seems at odds with experience. Or at least Linux programs don't have the same restriction. I guess Wine might be filtering the setting.

Is that due to a query in your code? If so, I'd like to try a hack where it just specifies the desired rate and hoping it works.

1101 x 908 - 19K
    We have the vastness of the internet and yet billions of people decided to spend most of their time within a horribly designed, fake-news emporium of a website that sucks every possible piece of personal information out of you so it can sell it to others. And they see nothing wrong with that.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 8,365
    edited 2018-11-17 - 05:44:35
    Oh, just found the later zip file with P2_LA_control_3.exe in it. That's happy with comport as long as I use 115200 baud. I'll assume that's a usable rate ...

EDIT: Except I've only got a P123 board. :(
    We have the vastness of the internet and yet billions of people decided to spend most of their time within a horribly designed, fake-news emporium of a website that sucks every possible piece of personal information out of you so it can sell it to others. And they see nothing wrong with that.
  • From what I've seen, it should work on a P123 board if code is recompiled.

I used 1M baud. You have to open the com port on the pc, then click the RUN? button.
  • For P123-A9 board you need to change back to a single HUBSET #$FF and change VSYNC to 0 from 4.
    That should do it, I'll check it tomorrow.
    The P123-A9 will support 3 MBaud.

BTW I run the Logic Analyzer with a FT2232H as a propplug @ 12Mbaud.
    I want to switch to 50Mbaud sync mode next to get a real snappy frame rate. :)
    Melbourne, Australia
    edited 2018-11-18 - 12:19:14
    Thanks Brian. Did that and it's running 3 cogs with a couple of green leds alternately flickering ...

Loading up the LA_Control program on Wine and click Open Port and bam, the FPGA Prop2 resets. :( I'm guessing the DTR line gets pulled.

Clicking RUN and I see Tx led flicker. But, since the Prop2 is now sitting idle, there is no reply.

edited 2018-11-18 - 12:44:06
    Got past that hurdle - I loaded the .obj file as BOOT_P2.BIX onto a uSD card and used the experimental SD boot wiring to auto load up on reset.

Sadly clicking on RUN or INFO produced no display. Wine is reporting a slow stream of "004f:fixme:comm:wait_on EV_RXFLAG not handled" messages when doing so.

Think I'll be leaving it there.

• I am playing with VGA now with 1920x1080 @ 2bpp. Uses 506.25KB of hub ram :smiley:
  • :P
    edited 2018-11-19 - 01:57:19
    ozpropdev wrote: »
    Here's a test code sample of exercising a smart pin in transition mode.
    It include the use of a pins selector capability to read an nearby pins state.
    Also the use of a marker signal.

Got a match here using Wine and also inserting backslash into all LOC instructions:

PS: I think it was always working with Wine - with nerf'd comport function. I just wasn't giving the upload enough time to complete at 115k baud. I kept on clicking buttons because it didn't show any progress.
    1301 x 724 - 22K
    edited 2018-11-19 - 02:07:54
    Dave had to resort to using a cross-platform library, I think, to make >115k work transparently for his loadp2 tool ...

EDIT: Sort of. Looks like a bunch of people involved to get that right. Dave Hein has used osint_*.c files that have been updated by David Betz but appear to be originally written by a John Denson.

• Now imagine the timing diagram on a P2 with VGA 1920x1080 even if only the top half although in 2bpp I can fit the whole screen :)