Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A Question About Stamps In Class Books... — Parallax Forums

A Question About Stamps In Class Books...

Hello all!
I haven't been on this site for over ten years. Now that I'm retired, I've been looking through my stacks of old books. I came across my
collection of Stamps In Class. I ordered my first book, "What is a Microprocessor" in 2004 and bought other books in the series until 2010. I used
a 2px stamp to build a scrolling sign that had 336 LED's (7 x 48 rows) using a 74LS154 4 to 16 demuliplexor. That way the microprocessor only
had to light up 7 LED's (at most) at a time. It worked but wasn't very bright due to the short time to light up each row of LED's. I also built a relay
box that controlled fifteen 120 volt relays for our Christmas tree lights to blink to the music. That worked nicely, but I wasn't happy about all the
wires running up and down in the tree.
Anyway, about that time our company started laying of people and my department went from four techs to just me. I was told I could do the
work of four people or the company would give me to a contractor and I would become part time help. I had been working for that company for
17 years so I decided to stick it out for three more and retire. I worked a lot of 60 to 70 hour weeks and made a pile of money (but my health suffered).
So I lost interest in Parallax for some time, but now as I stated I came across the books and the CD and now my question...
How can I tell which project on the CD's go with which book? All six books say, activity one, activity two... So which activity one goes with which book?
Is there a way to tell?

Thanks,
David

Comments