Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to Power Propeller Activity Board — Parallax Forums

How to Power Propeller Activity Board

Hello,

Is there a way to power the Activity Board other than using the 6-9 VDC power jack? I'd like to use a different lipo battery pack to power the Propeller and two motors. Is it possible to do this without splicing a male power jack (the one to fit the female jack on the board) onto the battery leads?

Thanks.

Comments

• The schematics are here for Rev versions A, B and C.

https://www.parallax.com/downloads/propeller-activity-board-wx-schematic

Looks like the cleanest way will be to make up a short adapter cable like you describe.

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Hello,

Is there a way to power the Activity Board other than using the 6-9 VDC power jack? I'd like to use a different lipo battery pack to power the Propeller and two motors. Is it possible to do this without splicing a male power jack (the one to fit the female jack on the board) onto the battery leads?

Thanks.

It is possible to solder wires to the power jack terminals on the WX board, but I agree with VonSzarvas, the cleanest way is with an adapter cable. It also makes it easier to remove and replace/repair/modify the board if required.
  • Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if there is a Vin pin, something like on the Arduino. That's fine, I'll just make a cable.

Thanks,
    David