mArlo Debut - UPDATE with Video Tour

2»

Comments

• Gonna be a while 'till actual creation begins. Have to finish remodeling before I can set up shop again.
  • Hi Whit,

what is the configuration of your ultrasonic sensors to pins? I am looking at your block-prop code and I'm just wondering which sensor is connected to the pins 14, 15, 16, 17.

Best regards,
    Matthew
  • Hey Whit,
    Are the drawing files you used to cut this out available someplace? I would like to try making a set of the two decks (top and base) with my glowforge laser cutter.

Thanks!
  • @geistmate - Per the BlocklyProp code description - “mArlo - mArlo Roaming with Ping))) Obstacle Detection (Front - pin 14, Left - 45 degrees - pin 16, Right - 45 degrees - pin 17, and Rear - pin 15) and Propeller Activity Board WX (with IR detector on pin 10 - not used), and piezo speaker on pin 4.”

@Roy Eltham - have them at home on my computer - will send them tomorrow!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Roy Eltham wrote: »
    Hey Whit,
    Are the drawing files you used to cut this out available someplace? I would like to try making a set of the two decks (top and base) with my glowforge laser cutter.

Thanks!

See attached.
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Thanks Whit!
    I'm working on a variant that will work with my laser cutter (max 11x19ish cut area).

I'm, also, attempting to make a new power distribution switch/cover plate that says mArlo cut out like the normal Arlo one, had to trace an image of it since the cut file isn't available.
  • Roy Eltham wrote: »
    Thanks Whit!
    I'm working on a variant that will work with my laser cutter (max 11x19ish cut area).

I'm, also, attempting to make a new power distribution switch/cover plate that says mArlo cut out like the normal Arlo one, had to trace an image of it since the cut file isn't available.

Great, Roy! My m-Marlo was a tad under 12" in diameter due to the size of the cutting boards I used.

Can't wait to see how your m-Arlo switch/cover plate comes out!
    Whit+

• Here is my first test cut of the marlo switch/cover plate:
    mArlo-power-distribution-plate.jpg

I used a scrap piece of shiny black 1/8" acrylic for this.
    1781 x 1145 - 458K
  • ROY! Looks great.
    Whit+