Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gordon McComb - Has Passed Away - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Gordon McComb - Has Passed Away

13»

Comments

• Thanks for posting the pics. @gordonswife The photos were all @erco 's doing. I'm Jon, I live in Vista. Gordon and I would meet occasionally. I would love to help in any way possible.

• Hi Jon - Do you work with the Arduino?
  • Yes, recently I worked with Gordon on Make: How to Make a Robot kit. I'm not much of a programmer, but I could help scope the work and reach out to the community here.

I sent you a PM with contact info.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-09-30 19:18
    WOW! Just found a book while I am moving: Gadgeteer's Goldmine. First Edition, first printing, 1990.

It's hard to keep track of all my books, so at least 200 went to Goodwill this week.
  • I am sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

Gordon was really helpful to me on the forum, and made many helpful suggestions to improve my projects. Over the years I enjoyed reading his books, and built a few of his robot kits.
  • ...sigh...
    I've been in the process of moving to Idaho and have been without interweb access for three weeks.
    This news is very sad. My condolences to his wife and family.
    *8(
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    I got the 5th Edition of RBB as a Christmas present from my wife. It is an extensive, wonderful, well written, and very up-to-date revision. (I have every edition.)

The introduction by Gordon’s wife is moving, loving, and thoughtful. Gordon truly was a true friend and good writer.

This book will be a treasure to me, many here, and a new generation of robot builders!

Prayers of thanks for Gordon, Jennifer and family - especially now.
  • Whit wrote: »
    I got the 5th Edition of RBB as a Christmas present from my wife. It is an extensive, wonderful, well written, and very up-to-date revision.
    Thanks for reminding me. I just ordered it.

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-12-26 21:41
    David Betz wrote: »
    Whit wrote: »
    I got the 5th Edition of RBB as a Christmas present from my wife. It is an extensive, wonderful, well written, and very up-to-date revision.
    Thanks for reminding me. I just ordered it.

I had forgotten to order also. Will be here Friday. Thanks Whit!
  • A triple thanks, Whit, I had forgotten also!!

It would be a shame not to have the complete collection.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Likewise, ordered. Gordon will live on in his books.