Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
One PING Only, Vasily — Parallax Forums

One PING Only, Vasily

ercoerco Posts: 20,250
edited 2018-09-27 01:28 in Robotics
I'm not picking on Roy Eltham, honest. It's just that he has the only ten-PING robot that pops up in a Google search. There were MANY of them. Did that first plywood robot even have a name? Did Parallax stock spike when people were buying PING & aluminum bracket ten-packs? :)

And if there is one among us who doesn't love "Hunt for Red October", please fess up. Seems to be a universally well-loved movie, right Publison/Jim?

ping.jpg

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    I remember Ken made one that looks very similar to this one a good time back. This one is missing the green stripe. :smiley: :cool:
  • erco, I don't have that one built up like that anymore. I have the parts on other bots, but I do still have the wood platform. Maybe I should paint a stripe on it and rebuild it? :)
    When I had that one running, I had to activate the pings 2 at a time (opposite sides) in order to have them work without interfering to much. I think it worked best when you just did it one at a time going around as fast as you could.

My newer bots using the black plastic platforms (ARLO, Eddie, and such) don't have as many PINGs on them.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    It's definitely an impre$$ive array of $en$or$, but I think one PING scanned on a servo makes more cents(!) and looks cooler. Once again, I'll plug PING-Dar, which IMO is one of the most fabulous projects anywhere. Needs more work, that was 9 years ago! How about Blockly Ping-Dar, @"Ken Gracey" ? Feel free to go Propeller, Wireless, WiFi, WiDi, HD, Bluetooth, Let's Robot, Uber-Eats, Alexa-enabled and Chromecast. What say, by noon tomorrow? :)

edited 2018-09-27 15:43
    Of course, do as I say, not as I do. Looky what I just ordered for a client's project! I do love spending other people's money. Keep that in mind if anyone needs me to buy for them.

Oops! Too bad I can't edit a post to add a pic.
    720 x 749 - 271K
  • LOL, nice set if laser pings!

I have a Scanse Sweep that I plan to put on one of my bigger robots one of these days for proper LIDAR :)