Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2D2 Bill of Materials? — Parallax Forums

P2D2 Bill of Materials?

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
edited 2018-09-10 18:08 in Propeller 2
Parallax is a proud holder of six (6) bare P2D2 boards. Thanks Peter!

P2D2 is such a fun name, BTW.

I need to prepare to have these built before Chip receives chips.

Where is the Bill of Materials for this board?

Thanks,

Ken Gracey

Comments

• There aren't really all that many parts on there but I will generate a BOM and populate it with some additional information which I will post shortly.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    Ken,

I hate getting things for free... please make enough to sell me 4.

Rich
  • I have only six PCBs and I think they'll all be for Chip. I'm happy to assemble more units if I have more PCBs.
  • I may just send off a revision which has a few more options on it but either way I can send more boards in the meantime.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    Big Thanks
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

Would you need paste info for this step, to make a low cost paste screen ?

I may just send off a revision which has a few more options on it but either way I can send more boards in the meantime.

Does the paste info change across versions here ? - Seems a little care will be needed to keep Assembly Paste + PCBs in step ?
    What are 'few more options' ?
  • jmg wrote: »

Would you need paste info for this step, to make a low cost paste screen ?

I may just send off a revision which has a few more options on it but either way I can send more boards in the meantime.

Does the paste info change across versions here ? - Seems a little care will be needed to keep Assembly Paste + PCBs in step ?
    What are 'few more options' ?

Seems we should have a stencil to make our efforts a bit more productive, but I'll ask the people who actually do the work.

Ken Gracey
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2018-09-11 04:46
    The 'H' version tidied up the component overlay and voiding and also allows for an entirely optional PIC12F1572 in a tiny MSOP8 for boot and reset control. If you don't use the micro you can use a 0603 resistor as a jumper for the reset line to the Prop Plug.

The other improvements are:
    "R6" jumper link can either connect serial header 5V (my enhanced Prop Plug supplies power) to regulator VCC or connect serial header to 3.3V regulator.
    SPI Flash footprint can also accommodate the higher capacity devices in the wider .208" packages.

EDIT - Here's a Google spreadsheet that I will keep up to date.

I'm filling in details for the BOM still but this is what I've got at present: (use the Google spreadsheet version now)

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    edited 2018-09-11 07:54
    Seems we should have a stencil to make our efforts a bit more productive, but I'll ask the people who actually do the work.
    Good idea. Once you roll into doing 'a few', and especially if you do not want to be assembly fault-finding/fixing, a low cost screen seems great insurance :)
    Prices on these keep falling, to make them almost a non-brainer....
    I see this comment here
    "4)Electropolishing : Electropolishing (also known as electrochemical deburring) will remove small burrs, improve surface quality and provide smooth inside walls for better paste release.
    This treatment is mainly for IC lead width less than 0.5mm and BGA chips."
    <<<
  • jmg wrote: »
    I see this comment here
    "4)Electropolishing : Electropolishing (also known as electrochemical deburring) will remove small burrs, improve surface quality and provide smooth inside walls for better paste release.
    This treatment is mainly for IC lead width less than 0.5mm and BGA chips."
    <<<

FYI
    http://smt.iconnect007.com/index.php/article/43313/laser-cut-electropolish-and-laser-cut-nanocoat-stencils-a-comparison-of-finish-performance-for-complex-designs/43316/?skin=smt
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    For low numbers, I use oshstencils.com