Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 status - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

P2 status

124»

Comments

• We'd even drive to Rocklin to see.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    At the moment of birth a crowd of people gathered around watching is probably not welcome.

Live streamed on Youtube. That's OK.

:)

• K2K2 Posts: 691
    Live streamed on Youtube sounds great. Whatever it is that SpaceX, ULA, Arianespace, and Blue Origin are doing for each launch, it works great.

Would I be there watching live? You bet I would!!
  • samuellsamuell Posts: 554
    edited 2018-09-05 09:57
    Hi,

It would be great to see this live, or on a video. I'm looking forward!

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • Well, Rocklin is a 9 hour drive for me. Just open the door. I will do it, can bring treats, energy food.

:D
  • Three more weeks to first silicon! :smiley:
  • Dave Hein wrote: »
    Three more weeks to first silicon! :smiley:
    Wow! It's coming fast.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133

We are going to get our P2D2 boards all ready for the chips.
  • cgracey wrote: »

When we find the BOM for P2D2 so we can get some parts. Where's the BOM. . .somebody, maybe in Oz (when they wake up this morning)?

Ken Gracey
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-09-10 21:32
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »

When we find the BOM for P2D2 so we can get some parts. Where's the BOM. . .somebody, maybe in Oz (when they wake up this morning)?

Ken Gracey

The schematic is on the first page of this thread:
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/168645/p2d2-an-open-hardware-reference-design-for-the-p2-cpu/p1
    You might get an idea of the BOM from that.
    Things have changed in the thread a little, but that's a start

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

Ken Gracey

There is P2D2F BOM.XLS for the current? batch, in the P2D2 folder on Peter's P2D2 folder link here

edited 2018-09-12 00:07
    Got an email from OnSemi a few hours ago:
    · Wafer lot was further expedited through fab this past week, and has completed fab.

· Wafer lot is due to ship out to Pocatello today; will be set up for prober configuration prior to start of wafer probe.

· We are still tracking to the October 1st ship date for the initial prototypes; with possible potential for pull-in.

This is great!!!
  • Great news Chip!
    edited 2018-09-12 00:28
    · Wafer lot was further expedited through fab this past week, and has completed fab.

· Wafer lot is due to ship out to Pocatello today; will be set up for prober configuration prior to start of wafer probe.

· We are still tracking to the October 1st ship date for the initial prototypes; with possible potential for pull-in.

This is great!!!

Hehe, I am sure as this gets more real, the whole of OnSemi will be curious too :)

How does the P2 die area compare with their 'usual 180nm' complexity and die size ?
    My guess is it is an outlier, with nothing as large/complex being run ?

I'm presuming wafer flow QC-test includes some silicon equivalent of the PCBlayers confirm often seen on PCB edges.
    eg a cluster of rRcC RingOsc/divider in each corner confirms 'in spec', as everything moves along.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,799
    Seems similar to 8 months pregnant... :)
    Rayman wrote: »
    Seems similar to 8 months pregnant... :)

I'll have to take your word for that ;)
  • cgracey wrote: »

This is great!!!
    Quite exciting indeed! Will you make a Halloween display using a P2?
    David Betz wrote: »
    Quite exciting indeed! Will you make a Halloween display using a P2?

Hehe, Chip will be at Halloween display level, should P2 work !!! ;)

This is great!!!

Can you start a new thread, where you can edit the first post, so viewers can see each mini-milestone ?
    Right now - on courier ?
    next few days ? wafer probe ?
    Do they indicate test-path yield regions, and where each wafer lies ?
    jmg wrote: »

This is great!!!

Can you start a new thread, where you can edit the first post, so viewers can see each mini-milestone ?
    Right now - on courier ?
    next few days ? wafer probe ?
    Do they indicate test-path yield regions, and where each wafer lies ?

Ok.
  • WOOOT!

(Just getting back home from a trade show. Great news here!)
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Fantastic news. Can't wait for the birth ;)
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    Fascinating to consider that the P2 now exists. Bond wires and the application of electrical potential are all that stand between our present mundane existence and _______!? :open_mouth:
    K2 wrote: »
    Fascinating to consider that the P2 now exists. Bond wires and the application of electrical potential are all that stand between our present mundane existence and _______!? :open_mouth:

I got a text from the floorplanner/place-and-route guy today at OnSemi. He said they will probably have the wafers on their prober tomorrow in Pocatello. He said it's a stressful thing when a new chip comes in and they have to get all the initial test setup established.
  • Would be good if we are able to get a photo or two of the wafer :)
    I got a text from the floorplanner/place-and-route guy today at OnSemi. He said they will probably have the wafers on their prober tomorrow in Pocatello. He said it's a stressful thing when a new chip comes in and they have to get all the initial test setup established.

Google tells me :

Time in Pocatello, ID, USA : 6:00 PM Thursday, 13 September 2018 (GMT-6)

Silence is not a good sign ?

edited 2018-09-14 04:17
    jmg wrote: »

Google tells me :

Time in Pocatello, ID, USA : 6:00 PM Thursday, 13 September 2018 (GMT-6)

Silence is not a good sign ?

I didn't hear anything today. Plus, I was catching up on sleep after a guy I know through church was using our barn until 3:30am to work on his truck, while he kept trying to guilt me into lending him $100 for gas so that he could go down to Sacramento to visit a special doctor who gives him an off-label, double-dose, ritalin prescription. It's kind of a Red Bluff thing. I got lots of work done on the Spin2 interpreter, anyway.
    Fingers crossed.... :)

Google say's it's just gone 9:am ...