ActivityBot 360 Mod

dr4x0ndr4x0n Posts: 5
I am a college student at North Seattle College in their Mechatronics program. I am about to finish up my first robotics course that utilized the ActivityBot 360. I have had a ton of fun with this class. Along the way I got a hold of a LED voltage panel that I decided to connect to my AB360 so that I could see what my voltage of my batteries were when I started using the servos a lot. I used an old toggle switch to wire it into the main power connection under the board. It looks pretty cool and it rather functional.

oiS5C0z.jpg
7bGosOZ.jpg
fYe8MvM.jpg
1QX0BPA.jpg

dr4x0n

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,087
    It does look cool. Nice neat wiring and good placement of the readout.
    In science there is no authority. There is only experiment.
    Life is unpredictable. Eat dessert first.
  • Thanks.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,004
    Neat work!
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Thanks!
  • Man, that's cool!
    The greatest thing about logic is that, once you have followed the thought train, it is then your own.
  • Cool project. It's great to have that information readily available too; sometimes a robot will act "unexpected" with low voltage. :)
  • That's pretty sweet! It looks good on the bot and would make a great little project for learning too.
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,332
    If you're in Seattle and into Robotics, connect with Carol Hazlett and her club. She runs Robothon in October.
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,332
    I'm also a fan of having an onboard DVM. I favor 3-wire types which can read down to 0 volts. Besides monitoring battery voltage, they can display sensor voltages (first video) and in a pinch they can be used as a digital display (second video).

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • dr4x0n wrote: »
    Along the way I got a hold of a LED voltage panel that I decided to connect to my AB360...

Ordered four of these today - great idea and very clean installation!

Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney