Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Flip Electrical Question — Parallax Forums

Flip Electrical Question

If I have a Propeller Flip project that runs on an external LIPO battery, can I use Simple-IDE terminal at the same time, without the LIPO power and the USB power conflicting. In other words, the flip is running on the LIPO, and the flip is connected to the PC at the same time.

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Beavis3215 wrote: »
    If I have a Propeller Flip project that runs on an external LIPO battery, can I use Simple-IDE terminal at the same time, without the LIPO power and the USB power conflicting. In other words, the flip is running on the LIPO, and the flip is connected to the PC at the same time.

Short answer is Yes. From the Flip Guide:

3.3-volt Output
    The 3.3V▷ output draws power from the 3.3 volt supply, which draws power from both
    the USB port and the ▷5-9V input. The total available current is limited by the power
    source.
    USB Power
    When connected via a USB port, the Propeller FLiP module will request 500 mA of 5-volt
    power from a computer or hub or 1,500 mA from a USB charger. If the request is
    granted, the module will use the power from the USB port, to power both the 3.3 V
    supply and the USB 5V▷ output.
    If the request is denied, the Propeller FLiP module will light the yellow Fault LED, to
    indicate that it is unable to draw power from the USB port. The module will still be able
    to communicate and accept a program over a computer or hub’s USB port, but it will
    require external power at the ▷5-9V input to operate.
  • Thank you