Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
US Distribution of Peter's P2D2 Board - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

US Distribution of Peter's P2D2 Board

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    I will be in the UK (Guildford, Surrey) in August so I could bring some over.
  • @JaanDoh I can not handle Europe right now.
  • Don't worry, I will send to UK as well. Who's for Europe?
  • JaanDohJaanDoh Posts: 127
    edited 2018-07-06 10:49
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    I will be in the UK (Guildford, Surrey) in August so I could bring some over.

Hiya once again Mr Cluso,
    I'm going to send you a PM as it's off topic and I don't want to clutter the thread...

Publison wrote: »
    @JaanDoh I can not handle Europe right now.

Thank You Publison,
    I quite understand and sometimes wonder how you guys manage to squeeze everything into the days...
    Family, Work, Social life, and everything else that eats up the free time.
    Thanks for the prompt reply all the same.

Don't worry, I will send to UK as well. Who's for Europe?

Thank You Peter,
    Please send me the cost amount including board, parts, labour, and shipping in a PM so that I send you the money and please put me down for one P2D2 unit all the same.
  • There's no costs whatsoever as we all benefit from the efforts of others and I am quite happy to do my part. The parts on the board aren't much use at the moment unless you happen to have a P2 FPGA and want a breakout with microSD, Flash, and serial header perhaps. Even when the P2 becomes available and the board is already populated you need to have the skills to solder the P2 chip onto the already populated board, quite possibly with header pins in the way. If that is the case then I will make up a board for you and perhaps any others who have FPGA boards to connect to that would like one. Otherwise the board is more of a prop without the Prop :) But it helps you visualize how you could start using the P2 with a simple module like this. I need to order some switcher modules and a few other parts though.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-08-13 21:10
    I received 24-boards from Peter today. Please PM me your mailing address and I will try and ship out this week.

EDIT: This is for US shipments only.
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    I have been away for a while, so I haven't been following recently the development of the P2. Looking at the "Unoficcial Preliminary Shortform Data" page4 under ROM TOOLS - TAQOZ shows what looks like a bunch of forth words. Does that mean that forth will be in ROM on the P2?
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2018-08-15 13:21
    hinv wrote: »
    I have been away for a while, so I haven't been following recently the development of the P2. Looking at the "Unoficcial Preliminary Shortform Data" page4 under ROM TOOLS - TAQOZ shows what looks like a bunch of forth words. Does that mean that forth will be in ROM on the P2?

No, not Forth, but TAQOZ :) Even though you could write complete applications using TAQOZ it is also easy enough to load up a full and up-to-date version of Tachyon. However, if nothing is working but the P2 itself you can use TAQOZ to debug hardware etc. It even has a basic SD FAT32 file handling capabilities and a lot of smart pin words but there are also a lot of things we haven't been able to check out until we get a real chip. That's why it's better to boot from Flash or SD card for developing apps, so think of TAQOZ as a super hardware debugger even if we know it can do much more. Even a Spin2 interpreter will not be in ROM and besides, we could only have a maximum of 16kB ROM which includes Chip's loader and Cluso's SD booter.
  • I received the P2D2 board today - what a great surprise. Thank you Peter and Publison!

-Mike R...
  • I still have 6 boards ready for US delivery. PM your address.
  • All boards are gone for now.
  • Received my P2D2 yesterday.

Thanks Publison and Peter!
  • Got mine! Thanks
  • Yes, thanks Peter & Publison!
  • Received it. Thanks Peter and Jim!

Very nice board!
  • I received mine. Thank you Peter & Publison! What a work of art!
  • I received mine today. That sure was quick. It's a great looking board. I'm so glad that I recently upgraded my microscope LOL
    thanks!! to Peter and Jim.
  • Got mine. It's been here for a while. My granddaughter pooky filed it for me.
  • samuellsamuell Posts: 554
    edited 2018-09-05 10:13
    Hi Peter,

I'm for Europe. Can you ship to Portugal? How much is it?

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • I can send this as a regular air-mail letter, just pm youR address details to me and I will send you one or two no charge.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-09-05 12:31
    I had sent 6 boards to Europe, but they never reached their destination. They left the destination airport terminal and have not been tracked for over a week.
  • I can try sending another 6 if you like, just let me know the details. People send cards and photos and books all the time, we are sending printed material, what's the difference? I think I marked the back of the envelope "sample printed boards" or something, just in case but a package would otherwise need a custom's declaration.
  • Hi Peter,

If you declare their value to be $0, you won't have any issues with customs. After all, you are sending them for free. Anyways, PM sent.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • If there's anyone in Europe (including UK) still wanting a board, feel free to PM me your mailing address.

There's 4 available for free delivery from EU as of today.
  • Publison wrote: »
    I had sent 6 boards to Europe, but they never reached their destination. They left the destination airport terminal and have not been tracked for over a week.

They finally made it to the destination.
  • I received another 6 boards from Peter today. These are for US and Canada distribution only. PM me your address. One to a customer please.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Are they for Chip???
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Are they for Chip???

I've got two for my work. Only using one at the moment.
  • Publison wrote: »
    I received another 6 boards from Peter today. These are for US and Canada distribution only. PM me your address. One to a customer please.
    I'd love one but only if a P2 chip is soldered to it. I realize that's impossible though. I'll wait for the boards that Parallax is going to make with the 1500 chips they're getting soon.

• Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,347
    edited 2018-10-10 01:58
    Is there an estimate for the date when the Parallax P2 boards will be available?