Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Multi-layer pcb manufacture in 24 hrs in China — Parallax Forums

Multi-layer pcb manufacture in 24 hrs in China

Hi
I've etched my fair share of pcbs- but these guys just blow me away- A back street set up in China?- I don't think so....

Dave

Comments

• "A back street set up in China?- I don't think so...." ... Not sure what board house this is in China, but I have used Seeed for years and they have grown considerably over that time. What they currently charge for a 100mm x 100mm board is what they used to charge for a 50mm x 50mm board. So for the same price you get 4 times as much PCB real-estate as you could before. With DHL I can get boards in about 3 days.
  • "A back street set up in China?- I don't think so...." ... Not sure what board house this is in China, but I have used Seeed for years and they have grown considerably over that time. What they currently charge for a 100mm x 100mm board is what they used to charge for a 50mm x 50mm board. So for the same price you get 4 times as much PCB real-estate as you could before. With DHL I can get boards in about 3 days.

JLCPCB

• JRetSapDoogJRetSapDoog Posts: 954
    edited 2018-06-18 02:14
    I enjoyed and was amazed by that video a few days ago after YouTube recommended it to me. I've been using Seeed as a prototype board maker and have been quite satisfied (not that I do any fine line traces or anything). But after watching that video, I'd like to give JLCPCB a try the next time around (and I think they're somewhat cheaper to boot). Seeed aggregates various prototype designs and sends the result out to a board company for actual production, but they do offer some other things, like assembly. I do like how I can inspect my designs on Seeed's site after I upload the Gerbers, but maybe JLCPCB offers that, too (the two companies' upload forms look similar). Anyway, the fewer middlemen, the better, and I like knowing what the board maker's production facility looks like, so I'll give JLCPCB a shot next time. By the way, I'm amazed by how open many China companies are to allowing video factory tours. For example, I've watched a lot of them posted by Charbax on ARMdevices.net (He does a lot of tradeshows, too). Anyhow, that's impressive automation by JLCPCB, though I guess that's required in that business.