Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Finally got my D435... when can I order my P2 board? — Parallax Forums

Finally got my D435... when can I order my P2 board?

Intel took my money ... spent it wisely ... and delivered my product 5 months later...

And Parallax won't take my money?

What is going on here?

Make up a product... stick a price on it and sell it for God's sake.

Use Intel rules... they work fine.

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Rjo_, are you complaining about P2 not being done? I don't understand.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    I think he (somewhat tongue in cheek), wants to be able to send you money, well in advance of you sending him product....
    ie if intel is happy to have a 5 month hold-the-money pipeline, Parallax could start taking orders about now ;)
    jmg wrote: »
    I think he (somewhat tongue in cheek), wants to be able to send you money, well in advance of you sending him product....
    ie if intel is happy to have a 5 month hold-the-money pipeline, Parallax could start taking orders about now ;)

Okay, I get it now. I had just read a Beau post and was feeling a little gun shy.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    edited 2018-05-26 08:37
    A word, that can only grow in overseas: gun shy! girl shy I know.
    I also asked for a preorder, but ...
    ErNa wrote: »
    A word, that can only grow in overseas: gun shy! girl shy I know.
    I also asked for a preorder, but ...

Whoa! On first glance, I thought I read that you had asked for a Predator drone.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    yes we play a game of drones where other play a game of throwns.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    ErNa has it right... pre-orders with payment and no guarantees that the product will ever be delivered. Half way between crowd funding and retail. I think it makes a lot of sense.
  • rjo__ wrote:
    ErNa has it right... pre-orders with payment and no guarantees that the product will ever be delivered.
    Hey, it works for Elon Musk! 400,000 $1000 pre-orders, and no Tesla 3's delivered so far.

-Phil
  • AleAle Posts: 2,363
    Hey, it works for Elon Musk! 400,000 $1000 pre-orders, and no Tesla 3's delivered so far.

But they are producing like 3000 per week, I thought they were delivering the cars too, that may explain why one do not find any test drive videos like you find for the model S and X. I'd take one anyways, with delay and all.
    Where is the pre-order button for the P2 again?