Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ad627 no clock — Parallax Forums

Ad627 no clock

I am familiar with how the ADC0831 works with STAMP. I need to use an AD627 that has no clock pin. How would you code this to ensure you are recieving the entire 10 bits?

Comments

• Are you sure about the part number? The AD627 is an Instrumentation Amplifier.
  • Yes, 100 % sure.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    That part has an analog output. So there is no clock or bits.
    You would probably want to connect the output of the AD627 to the input of the ADC0831 I guess.

Bean
  • I have experimented with other microcontrollers that have onboard ADC's and works fine. Now the question, why not use that microcontroller? I want to stick with Parallax because of the support. I have been using Stamps for several years and the support for hobbiest has only increased.
    Thank you
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Sdyke4898 wrote: »
    I have experimented with other microcontrollers that have onboard ADC's and works fine. Now the question, why not use that microcontroller? I want to stick with Parallax because of the support. I have been using Stamps for several years and the support for hobbiest has only increased.
    Thank you

The P1 does not have on chip ADC's, but some of the boards do have on board ADC's. That leaves you with three choices. You can buy one of those boards, you can add an ADC to a board you already have, or you can use two Prop pins for a sigma/delta ADC.
  • The OP is using a Basic Stamp, so P1 is out, although it would be a great choice.
  • Try the BASIC Stamp 2pe Motherboard. It includes two coprocessors, each of which has two ten-bit ADCs.

-Phil
  • Thank you, I appreciate the help.