Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
It Appears That Forum Traffic Is On The Rise — Parallax Forums

It Appears That Forum Traffic Is On The Rise

Perhaps it is due to the new forum upgrade, but from the list at the bottom, showing users online, it appears that forum traffic is getting back on track, and perhaps this is due to the upcoming release of the P2. Or.... Perhaps the old forum software did not accurately indicate the number of users online. ???

I would like to think, a peak in interest with the upcoming release of the P2.

Comments

• The previous software had a shorter delay after a user's last activity before removing the name from the "online" list. The current version appears to hang onto the names a bit longer.

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Must have been a VERY short delay (PAUSE 400). I can't recall ever seeing more than 3 "online" names, including myself, in the past.
  • erco wrote: »
    Must have been a VERY short delay (PAUSE 400). I can't recall ever seeing more than 3 "online" names, including myself, in the past.

I used to try refreshing the screen constantly and rarely would I ever get two pages with the same users and rarely more than 2 or 3 at a time so indeed the hold time was extremely short. But I am confounded as to why this was not only so, but also remained so. DIdn't anybody ever bother to fix it? Was it really that difficult?
    Obviously it must have been difficult as it had to wait for the forum upgrade.