Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Final Post — Parallax Forums

Final Post

AntediluvianAntediluvian Posts: 87
edited 2018-05-09 21:46 in General Discussion
Hopefully this post doesn't get deleted...I just wanted to take an opportunity to say goodbye to my friends and former business contacts on these forums. No drama is intended here.

As of yesterday the Savage///Circuits website and all related channels, social media and pages have been removed. I am no longer going to doing anything related to electronics or microcontrollers. I'm going to spend the whatever time I have remaining on this earth in the pursuit of better health and more time outdoors.

Some of you know I am now living in an RV and not staying in one place for too long. I have downsized and minimized my life as much as I can. I still have a storage unit to empty and so over the next few months I will still be putting things up on eBay occasionally so I can also continue to survive. Anything large will be sold on the Facebook marketplace or Craigslist. I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

While the Savage///Circuits website is gone, the email system will remain running until July of this year until I can track down all references to it.

Chris Savage

Comments

• Chris,
    Thank you for your advice and the benefit of your experience over the years. "pursuit of better health" is an excellent journey. There's so much we're learning these days that we really didn't know before. "more time outdoors" is a part of that as well. I hope it goes well. Best wishes.
    Mike
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    Some of you know I am now living in an RV and not staying in one place for too long.
    Please tell me you are going around the country paragliding!!

• Mike Green wrote: »
    Chris,
    Thank you for your advice and the benefit of your experience over the years. "pursuit of better health" is an excellent journey. There's so much we're learning these days that we really didn't know before. "more time outdoors" is a part of that as well. I hope it goes well. Best wishes.
    Mike
    Yes indeed Mike Green is right, thank you for your amazing advice, and of course the experience. Enjoy your journey regarding better health. It is an amazing pursuit.
  • Chris,

You've been an amazing positive force at Parallax and on the forum. Thank you for your many years of wisdom and support. And best wishes on your new trajectory through life. The best is yet to come!

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Chris: I echo everyone's sentiments here. Thanks for all your energy, knowlede and contributions through the years. I'm glad I got to meet you at the Parallax Expo back about 6 years back. Best wishes on your travels and on your journey, I sure hope you decide to check in here occasionally and let us know where you are and how you're doing. Keep the faith, Boss!
  • If you're ever rolling through Orofino, gimme a shout. Peggy and I will be relocated there by October.

Best success to you,

Dave
  • Chris,

You will be missed but we all need to do what we need to do so good luck and remember that you have a lot of friends here.
  • Good luck Chris and thanks for all of your contributions!
  • tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
    edited 2018-05-10 17:16
    Thanks for 'splaining me how to simultaneously debug two prop programs with a single PC. Among other things.
  • Thank you Chris for all that you have shared.

Letting go of the past can sometimes be the best move that we can make as individuals, so I wish you happiness and health in your upcoming adventure.

Just always remember that you can camp for free at any national forest, which can end saving you a lot of money when wanting to spend time outdoors.
  • Adding to the others, thanks Chris. Best of luck in your future travels.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    My prayers are with you, friend. Hope you find everything you are looking for.
  • Some 12 years ago I moved from Germany to the US of A. I sold and gave away everything I owned. I did it on purpose, for you, as I understand, the decisions where not yours, but the end result is the same.

I am glad having made the decision, even if starting a new life at age of 43 was not without complications.

Reducing your personal belongings down to a minimum has also the effect of freeing yourself from ballast sitting on you shoulders. It helps immensely on finding out what you really want to do with your life in the future, what is important for yourself, and what is not.

Do not feel sad about it, try to enjoy the freedom it gives you. And it will, If you let it happen. After closing down everything, settle in your RV and leave all the sorrows behind you.

idBruce mentioned national forests and the same goes for other public campgrounds, they are cheap, most want a couple of dollars as donation, but you also can stay 2-3 days for free at every Wallmart, it is company policy.

You never mentioned the size of your escape-vehicle, Do not underestimate fuel costs and the cost to dump your liquid waste.

Move slow and try to enjoy it,

Mike
  • Chris,

I am sad to hear this, and reading between the lines makes me wonder how some people can even sleep at night. Climb to the top no matter who gets in the way right? Forget about morals and honest dedication, because that doesn't seem to matter. I am praying for you and wish you the very best. With the up most respect you were my nemesis for many years, but you kept me in check and always on my toes. Take care my friend. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

• Our thoughts will be with you, Chris, thanks for the great parts on the Stingrays, etc too. Sure hope things pan out in the new direction and will be wishing you the best always!
  • Thanks Chris.

I second a lot of what Beau put here.

For what it is worth, you are not alone. Depending, I may join you in some respects. Next few years will tell all.

We are in some tough times. You have my best thoughts and desire that you benefit from more time outside, just being. It's worth a lot.

Turning the page like this takes a little something not everyone has in them. It can also mean a lot of good for you too. Thanks again.

Take care, find your way, be happy, be well.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Thanks Chris for the contributions.
    Perhaps you might drop in occasionally to let us know how your are travelling and where you are.

Take care :)
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    Chris, Best of luck my friend.
    I hope you enjoy the adventure even if it is not of your choosing.

Bean
  • Thank You for the Basic Stamp PDB, and all of your assistance and guidance throughout. You will be missed aroung the Parallax community.
  • I have read all your responses and appreciate your kind words and encouragement! I will, as asked, come back and let you know where on the web I can be found.

As I said, The Savage///Circuits website is gone. However it is being replaced with a new project website, not related to electronics and/or microcontrollers. Savage///Circuits YouTube channel is gone. However a channel related to the aforementioned website is being worked on currently. Savage///Circuits Twitter is gone. However I do have a new Twitter feed (currently empty with 0 followers) related to the new project. Finally, Savage///Circuits Facebook page is gone. As with everything else, there is something new there.

If, out of sheer, morbid curiosity you wish to see these, I will come back and link them when they're ready. :nerd:

While my current circumstances were not where I originally saw myself ending up I have chosen to embrace the new path I have chosen. Losing my house and moving into an RV were not what I would have chosen. But I have decided to make an adventure out of it. Everything that led up to this point was a valuable learning experience and taught me something about companies and people. This has led me to a new place.

P.S. - I can still be reached at chris@savagecircuits.com until July when the domain is set to expire. By then I will be on the opposite side of the country.
  • Hey Chris-
    I don't know the full story behind this post, but thank you for all your help with programming newbies like my self. I wish you all the best.
    May the goddess/ God bless you now and in the future.
    Shawn
  • AntediluvianAntediluvian Posts: 87
    edited 2018-05-14 06:33
    Okay, so for those interested in my future plans, here's what I am doing...I'm living in an RV, so I decided to make an Adventure out of it, while working on my health. I plan on taking photos and videos for each place I visit. I will be sharing my experience on a weekly basis as I go. So with that in mind I set up the following pages / sites...I'm calling it all, "A Savage Adventure".

First and foremost, I set up a GoFundMe page. When I hurriedly moved out of the house I had to stuff everything into storage. I can't find half of what I own currently. So my eBay page has been pretty bare except a few things I have found.

https://www.gofundme.com/starting-overon-the-road

I have a new Twitter Feed for the upcoming adventure, but currently no followers: https://twitter.com/SavageInTheWild

I have a Facebook page as well for those who aren't on Twitter but are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ASavageAdventure/

I am setting up a new WordPress blog in place of Savage///Circuits. Nothing there yet, but the domain is: www.asavageadventure.com

Finally, once I get a decent laptop (all my computers are desktop) I am going to start posting videos to a YouTube channel. With no subscribers and no vidoes I cannot create a custom URL yet, but it should be here for now: A Savage Adventure

I should have everything going within two weeks. I have a lot going on right now trying to get ready and hoping I sell enough on eBay or get enough donations to get started until I can establish some alternative income. Thanks again everyone for asking about me and I am sorry that my Savage///Circuits pages, channels and feeds are gone. I have literally wiped it all from existence so I don't get drawn back into it again. Time to focus on my health. Type II Diabetes, Neuropathy and Cellulitis in both legs / feet. I am at risk of losing one or both feet / legs if I don't get things under control and that means no more spending 12+ hours a day in front of a computer / bench / cubicle. Best wishes to you all!
  • Good info Chris,thanks for sharing all the new contact details.

Friendly heads-up: Now that you have your private blogs and things up and running, we will de-prioritize this thread in accordance with forum rules. As you know, members will still see and receive your message notices- as always, we try to ensure the order of threads favors electronics topics.

All members that wish to do so are asked to subscribe to Chris's new social accounts and continue the adventure with him!

Best wishes Chris, and safe adventures.