"Virtually in parallel"? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

"Virtually in parallel"?

2»

Comments

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2018-05-09 03:48
    Sent a letter to the editor today!

Posted this on their Facebook page...

"I am very disappointed to hear of Nuts & Volts decision not to publish Jon McPhalen's rebuttal to an editorial that presented Parallax's Propeller chip in a negative way.

I am a subscriber to Nuts & Volts Magazine and SERVO Magazine. One of the reasons I read Nuts & Volts is Jon's Spin Zone section and I love having achieved his BASIC Stamp articles.

A few years ago, a very young writer said in a Nuts & Volts (or Servo) article that Parallax Inc. - Robots for Education's BASIC Stamp was over-priced (and yet in the same article admitted that Parallax's excellent educational materials taught him how to use microcontrollers!

I wrote Mr. Bergeron then and plan to do so now.

I am a longtime user and supporter of Parallax products and the Propeller Chip. It is the finest, and best documented educational electronics and robotics microcontroller on the market. Parallax's customer and technical support are without compare.

Furter, I believe Parallax's current work in Education and with Educators, along with the introduction of BlocklyProp (with C) as a method of programming the Propellor chip will greatly advance STEM education in the United States and in the world.

I have extensively used these products and tools.

Please investigate this further Mr. Burgeron!"
  • To be fair, that unfortunate editorial choice was not made by Bergeron.

I had a long conversation with Larry and Robin, the publishers of the magazine. We didn't always agree during the conversation, but in the end, I accepted their offer to provide one-off articles if I have something I'd like published, and they pledged that I would receive notification if there was any editing beyond grammar, spelling etc.

They are my friends and I want the magazine to do well.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Jon,

That is fair - keep us updated.