Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Worst Ebay Delivery Ever — Parallax Forums

Worst Ebay Delivery Ever

I ordered some bearings for the twins' skateboards from Ebay China. Only the torn-off shipping label arrived, inside a USPS "We Care" plastic bag. Ah, the irony of it all!

Weird, this is the third time that skateboard bearings failed to be delivered. Two previous orders went MIA. Do I live in the Bear-muda Triangle?

ebayLabelOnly.jpg

Comments

• MIA? You mean they lost their bearings :lol:
  • They'll turn up somewhere.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    erco wrote: »
    Weird, this is the third time that skateboard bearings failed to be delivered. Two previous orders went MIA.

Hardly weird, heavy metal items in envelopes are always a lottery in automated mail systems, especially if they are trying to sneak in as letters not parcels...
    Sounds like USPS is trying to tell you and your supplier something :)

• Erco, will some of these work? https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/154824/skate-wheels-for-robot-wheels-rail-slides-cnc-camera-slides-etc
    I have a handful left that you are welcome to...
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Thanks Andrew, so very kind of you to offer! I re-ordered a fourth batch,
    about ten days ago so I'm waiting on those. If & when they disappear from Ebay's tracking system, I'll be in touch.
  • Could be someone is taking the merchandise for themselves. I know someone that send a gift bag and they got the same notice. Then you have to make a claim etc. Sounds like sticky fingers somewhere in the chain. I never had a lost Ebay package and I use them all the time.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2018-04-18 03:48
    How much did you pay for the shipping part of the transaction, erco?

You just might be the recipient of a bad deal which should really be fixed at the highest levels.
  • I would file a complaint with eBay and let them know about this problem I have had this before were the box was damaged and some of parts were too
    I received a refund from the the seller
    Fear not, my fine fellow Forumistas! The seller was quick to refund. My poor post served only to detail poor postal service!
  • Actually, that’s poor shipper service - why did they pack something heavy in an envelope like that?
    Apparently the shipping label was the strongest part, like aircraft black box recorders!
    You'll all be pleased to learn that the bearings reordered from a different seller arrived in good shape.

Bad packaging. The ten bearings came stacked in a cheap plastic cylinder, like a giant paper roll of quarters (more like half dollars). This heavy "bar" came with no padding, just flopping around in a big square plastic bag. No wonder only one out of three ordered from China made it here.

Bearings work quite well. Now my girls can properly injure themselves on their too-fast skateboards.
  • RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,751
    edited 2018-05-02 14:51
    Erco said
    Bearings work quite well. Now my girls can properly injure themselves on their too-fast skateboards.
    I can see it now! Erco's girls skate boarding will be like OSHA's cowboy!
    Jim
    Edit add link
    https://ehssafetynewsamerica.com/2016/09/07/safety-photo-of-the-day-osha-cowboy/
    That's hysterical, Jim!
  • Glad you liked it! So, are you that kind of father?
    Jim
    No, life is meant to be lived! My girls have a few scars already to prove it.
  • LOL!!!