Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Happy Birthday, Ken_G! — Parallax Forums

Happy Birthday, Ken_G!

ercoerco Posts: 20,244
edited 2018-02-12 17:41 in General Discussion
What's up for Feb 12, Big Dawg? You need to stop GIVING presents and GET some instead! :)

Comments

• Thanks erco! I don't need a darned thing, except free time. Can you give me some free time, like PTO, time off or something like that?

Ken Gracey
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Done! Consider your vacation and PTO doubled. Now Carson can row you anywhere you like at a more relaxed pace.
    edited 2018-02-05 18:07
    Ken, your birthdate coincides with the crash of the Navy zeppelin "Macon" and the end of America's airship program in 1935. Glad you came along to perk up that previous bummer of a day!

https://news.usni.org/2015/08/19/exploring-the-wreck-of-uss-macon-the-navys-last-flying-aircraft-carrier
  • Yes, time. The other week I spent 3 1/2 days sick and holed up, and after too much screen time (netflix, tennis, forums etc) i was really wishing I had a flip, breadboard, and new sensors (laserping, feedback servo etc) to try out. Because I've struggled to find time over past 4 months or so to play with this new stuff.

So couldn't Parallax could create an 'ill prepared' kit in something that looks like a first aid tin, to hold the collection of new stuff to play with, to be broken out in such emergencies?

Thanks in advance
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2018-02-08 04:13
    Like this, Lachlan?

MicroMedic-Box.png
    700 x 700 - 448K
  • oh yeah thats really nice.

I have to say Parallax always do nice 'boxes'. They stand out much better than the usual metal poly bags most stuff comes in nowadays.

Happy birthday for next week, Ken. Can I assume you'll be wishing for a working fabricated P2?

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Like this, Lachlan?

MicroMedic-Box.png

Hah! That's perfect, considering he's sick!
    Tubular wrote: »
    Can I assume you'll be wishing for a working fabricated P2?

Is this the P2 prototype with vacuum tubes and moths caught in the relays?

history-lecture-notes-12-638.jpg?cb=1359851440

HBD2U Big Guy! Today's the day! You're a whole year smarter & cooler now!
  • Yeah! Happy b'day Ken!
  • Happy, 48th, Ken! Only two more years before you start getting mail from AARP! :)

-Phil
  • Phil,
    I started getting AARP mail a couple years ago, and I am 48 now. Guess they are starting early these days?

Ken,
    Hope you get some free time today. Such a valuable thing, and you deserve it.
    Started getting AARP emails at 49.5, also burial deals!

"I'm not dead yet."

Back OT, enjoy your week Ken! Hey, do you need a StampMem for your birthday archive?
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    HB2U Ken.

Oh to be that young again!

Love the box.

As for the moth, I recall in the early 80's a rat was found in a customers disc drive (the big washing machine style). It had recently been installed. The CEO wrote to the supplier disclaiming ownership of the rat. Caused quite a stir for the supplier because they didn't know if it was serious or in jest.