Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax new Website - link to forum very hidden — Parallax Forums

Parallax new Website - link to forum very hidden

Looking thru the new Website I did not find a link to this forum.

Looking closer and again closer I finally found it under Support, down on the bottom, next to other support Resources.

Since this forum is the main knowledge base for anyone NOT using Blockly I find this quite irritating.

Thoughts?

Mike

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    I had to double check because sometimes web changes are done that are counter productive, but I dont see what you are referencing. If you hover over Support on the top navigation, the Forums are the first link. I did notice if you click on Support, it takes you to the actual page, and the link is at the bottom of the page.

SS.png
    1920 x 1080 - 482K
    SS.png 482.1K
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    edited 2018-02-05 02:44
    I agree with Mike, seems it should be more easily found on Parallax home page for first timers. I'd add a direct topline link in the row:

GETTING STARTED TEACH SHOP SUPPORT COMPANY FORUMS
  • Hey Mike,

Indeed, it's something we need to address. I'll direct this over to the web team for an improvement.

It's an interesting business we're in these days, as you know. Because of the heavy R&D investment we're focusing heavily on education, so the Blockly stuff is probably making a few of you crazy by now.

I'll ask the web team to report back to this thread.

Thanks,

Ken Gracey
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Hey Mike,

Indeed, it's something we need to address. I'll direct this over to the web team for an improvement.

It's an interesting business we're in these days, as you know. Because of the heavy R&D investment we're focusing heavily on education, so the Blockly stuff is probably making a few of you crazy by now.

I'll ask the web team to report back to this thread.

Thanks,

Ken Gracey
    Why should the BlocklyProp stuff make us crazy?
    The more the prop has and can do, the better for us all :)
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    Why should the BlocklyProp stuff make us crazy?
    The more the prop has and can do, the better for us all :)

A portion of our hobbyist and commercial customers are concerned that the focus of Parallax excludes them to some extent. They may feel left out with Parallax's laser focus on a certain customer segment. On the other hand, many forum members are well aware that the educational business has enabled the R&D required for P2.

Ken Gracey
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Ken,
    Everyone has their own ideas where the R&D budget should be spent. Results always win out ;)
    If it works, then it ultimately benefits everyone, even tho' they may not realise it!
  • I, for one, am quite glad you are focusing on and succeeding in education. While I'm not an educator, I feel pretty strongly that it's the most important thing we can improve to make our world better for the future.

The forums here are a pretty good place for self learners to explore. Lots of good stuff here to learn from. Also, there are still one of the best forums on the internet, in my opinion.