Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Merry Christmas 2017 everybody. — Parallax Forums

Merry Christmas 2017 everybody.

Over here the big day for Christmas is the 24th Dec. Which started half an hour ago.

So Merry Christmas everybody!

Sadly we don't have a P2 for Chipmas again.

But hey, I could not come to the far side of nowhere, deep in the forest nearby Russia, without a DE0-nano in my bag. Hopefully I'll get a moment over the festive season to fire up a P2 image on it.

Comments

• Bet wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to every one!
  • Merry Christmas to all and cheers to a happy new year! I wish that everyone has time to enjoy family, friends, and all things electronics....
  • Wishing all the Parallaxians a Merry Christmas from us as well and looking forward to all the great things to accomplish in the new year!
  • Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Solstice, Happy Festivus, or whatever else you might be celebrating! Remember the things that bind us all, and be kind to others -- even if you disagree with them.

Cheers!
    -Phil
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Merry Xmas to all forumistas and their families.

We are on the countdown here with just under 3 hours to Christmas Day ;)
    Sometimes it's nice to live downunder where only a few beat us - those over the pond in NZ, and a couple of others.

This year we have my daughter, son-in-law, and their 3 1/2 yo twin boys holidaying with us from the UK. So tomorrow will be the first time in years to have all our decendant family together. Add to this, our daughter-in-law has a baby boy due tomorrow too! What a joyous occasion :)
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    24th here as well, w/dinner at 17 and gifts a couple of hours later. Had to start the day with removing snow from the driveway.
    edited 2017-12-24 11:19
    38C today :(
    No snow, but lots of swimming.
    Expecting 22C and showers tomorrow.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    cluso99,
    Grrr... I just kicked off Christmas eve by splitting logs for the sauna. It's only -10C and a terrible wind chill out there. Half a meter of snow all around and the lake is well frozen. Quite mild for this place at this time of year.

I do recall Christmas day on Bondi Beach when I was 11 years old. That was kind of weird for this pommy boy.

Years later I spent a Christmas day on a beach in Barbados. Never seen a black Father Christmas before. He was great, roaming the beach distributing free champagne from the nearby hotel.

Getting back to the wood splitting, sometimes I think I made a wrong turn somewhere... !
    Heater. wrote: »
    cluso99,
    Grrr... I just kicked off Christmas eve by splitting logs for the sauna. It's only -10C and a terrible wind chill out there. Half a meter of snow all around and the lake is well frozen. Quite mild for this place at this time of year.

I do recall Christmas day on Bondi Beach when I was 11 years old. That was kind of weird for this pommy boy.

Years later I spent a Christmas day on a beach in Barbados. Never seen a black Father Christmas before. He was great, roaming the beach distributing free champagne from the nearby hotel.

Getting back to the wood splitting, sometimes I think I made a wrong turn somewhere... !

Had two white Christmases to date. Both at Lake Louise, Canada, before a skiing holiday with our kids. 1988 & 1996.
    Nothing like ice skating on a frozen lake ;) a bit freaky though, seeing very deep cracks, until you see the bulldozer clearing another rink adjacent to the one you are on.
  • Merry Christmas everyone. I also had to move abt 12cm of snow from the roads today. Have about 800m roads and 5 places in front of houses to keep clean for snow, so it takes abt 2,5 hours each time with my Massey Ferguson tractor and snowblower. Now its Christmas eve and the next post at the program is the gifts. Outside its real white Christmas and about -1C tonight. Take care everyone. Greetings from Norway.
    1920 x 2560 - 545K
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Agreed indeed! Happy Holidays to Parallax peeps and forumistas & families everywhere.

Re:White Christmas, here's my funny tale about 1988, the first year we did the Letterman show. We all had a blast in NYC being on the show, NBC limos & meeting & guests Tony Randall & Carlos Santana. Afterward, I was flying from NYC to my parent's home in Charleston SC via Atlanta. It was a VERY rare year when South Carolina had a snow & ice storm, and no infrastructure to deal with it. I got stuck in Atlanta. The Charleston airport was closed, no buses, and no one would rent me a car to go to Charleston. I killed half a day in Atlanta waiting for conditions to improve but the only change was that Greyhound was finally going to try sending one bus slowly to Charleston. Waited in a long line to get a ticket, and finally we got underway ~10pm Christmas eve. It took forever, and I was sitting beside a drunk guy who constantly fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. We finally made it, and I kept thinking about how much better it was in yesterday's limo in NYC. What a difference a day makes!

Merry Christmas, God bless us every one!
    And don't forget to share your Christmas Turkey projects too! Worth starting a new thread IMO.
  • Happy Holidays everyone!
    erco,

Hmm.... But my Christmas project so far is installing a 64 bit Debian on a Raspberry Pi with the aim of building a cluster of Pi running the Cockroach database.

Guess I could make that topical by installing SimpleIDE / Propeller IDE on it. Has anyone ever installed those on a 64 bit ARM system?

Might be a good shake down.
  • Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous New Year to all !
  • Be+safe+guys_005a5a_6472001.jpg

LMAO
  • Merry Christmas and have a safe and good new year.

Tom
  • Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Martin_H wrote: »
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Long time, Martin! The Figure 8 challenge thread needs a new entry from you. Merry Christmas, and get crackin'! :)
  • Merry Christmas, everybody, and many happy Propeller projects in the New Year!
    Santa just made an afternoon delivery... a grandson
  • Cluso99 wrote: »

Congratulations, be sure to help him follow in your footsteps and turn him into a tech superstar...

Merry Christmas Everyone.
    Wow. Congratulations Cluso. What an amazing Christmas present!

Send our best wishes, from all your old pals on the forum, to all involved.

• Cluso99 wrote: »

Congratulations for the parents (and grandparents!) on this Christmas blessing Cluso.

And, Merry Christmas Everyone.

/                      \
                                     |                      |
                                     |                      |
                                     |                      |
                 ______________      | Dear Santa,          |
                /         \    \     | Christmas is a time  |
               /           \    \    |    for family, and   |
              / _________   \    |   | I hope ours will be  |
              \/     _   \  /    |   | a little bigger by   |
               \ /    \   \/_    |   |  the time you arrive |
               |  O_O_/   || \_  \   |     this year!       |
              / __(_ __   ||   \ /   |                      |
             /\/___\___\_/  \  /_\   |    Cluso99           |
            /      __        \/   \  |                      |
            |                |\___/  |     ps. Pack some    |
      ______|________        |  \    |     extra gifts!!    |
     /              /\       /   \    \____________________/
     |              | \     /     \
     \______________\  |___/       \
      _|___            |_____\      \
     /|  __|           |_|| o \      \
    | |    \           |_||____\_____/\
    \_|____/     /     |        \_____/____
       |        //     |         /     \   \
       |       //      |_________\_/\   \   \__  ______
       |      /        |         /_ |_/_/      \/_//__/|
       |               |________// \|  \      //_//__/||\_
       |               |        \__//   |    / | ||__|/_  \
       |               |        |       |    \_|_/         \
       |  ___________  | |      |       /                   |
        \               \|______|      /              _____ |
         \               \      |      |      \\     _/   / |
          \               \_____|______\___    \    -/___/  |
           \                         ______\_____          /
            \                       / \          \        /
             \__________________    \ |           |______/
                                \    /            /
                                 \__/____________/

edited 2017-12-25 08:03
    Thanks everyone. All doing well. Amazingly arrived on the due date.

Our daughter and family are here from the UK, and return on 28th. We were beginning to think they were going to miss the birth. Just scraped in in time.

Has been wonderful for all our family and grandchildren to catch up for Xmas. Last time was 10 years ago. Only one of our three were married, and no grandchildren. Now all married and 8 grandchildren including the last addition.

VonSzarvas, nice ascii art :)

• Congratulations Cluso!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!
  • Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to all!
  • Merry Christmas to all forum members around the wold.