Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ActivityBot 360 upgrade? — Parallax Forums

ActivityBot 360 upgrade?

What is the difference between the original ActivityBot and the new ActivityBot 360? Is it just different servos? Can I upgrade my old ActivityBot simply by purchasing two of the 360 servos?

Comments

• I'm guessin' just disconnect the encoders. I just built a 360 from scratch with new chassis, 360 servos and Activity WX and just getting into the 360 Learn, but the wheels turn!
  • Publison wrote: »
    I'm guessin' just disconnect the encoders. I just built a 360 from scratch with new chassis, 360 servos and Activity WX and just getting into the 360 Learn, but the wheels turn!
    Disconnect the encoders? Do you not need them when you use the 360 servos?

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-12-12 23:20
    The 360 Activity Bot relies on the feedback from the servos. Does not ship with encoders.

EDIT: As long as you use the 360 Learn pages.
  • And if you need a swarm, Parallax just announced the new 12 pack:

https://www.parallax.com/product/32612

Batteries ARE included!
  • My family was so poor, we got batteries for Christmas. (Toys not included).

Mike
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    msrobots wrote: »
    My family was so poor, we got batteries for Christmas. (Toys not included).

Mike

Batteries alone can be fun.

• Publison wrote: »
    The 360 Activity Bot relies on the feedback from the servos. Does not ship with encoders.

EDIT: As long as you use the 360 Learn pages.
    Interesting. Maybe I'll have to order some 360 servos!

• David,

Your regular ActivityBot can become an ActivityBot 360° by swapping the servos and removing the old external encoders. You'll also need to remove the 20k-ohm resistors on P14&P15.

Be sure, like Jim said, to use the AB360 tutorials/images/libraries instead of the regular ones (where specified).
  • David,

Your regular ActivityBot can become an ActivityBot 360° by swapping the servos and removing the old external encoders. You'll also need to remove the 20k-ohm resistors on P14&P15.

Be sure, like Jim said, to use the AB360 tutorials/images/libraries instead of the regular ones (where specified).
    Thanks! I'll add a couple of 360 servos to my Christmas list! :-)