Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VanMunch's "got to clean out the garage" blow out sale of robot parts :) — Parallax Forums

VanMunch's "got to clean out the garage" blow out sale of robot parts :)

Hey Everyone,

I've had a couple of really great job changes over the past couple of years so I haven't been around very much and I haven't had much time to work on any of my projects. My wife and I are hoping to get a smaller place during our next move which means that I've had to take a hard look at my wall of robot parts.

All this means is that I've put a number of great robot parts and Parallax parts on sale on EBay. "DorhoutRD" Such as Propeller boards (classic, socketed, and mini), Pings)))s, IR sensors, XBees, cameras, and more of the good stuff. :)

Most of the listing end in ~5 days so get them while they're hot! :)

PS I hope this is still ok to post stuff like this, there use to be a dedicated forum for this sort of stuff

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    Hey David! Yes, you have been missed. Bummer that you're less able to use these parts and do projects but I'm thrilled to hear that your career is on fire, good for you! I'm sure it's bittersweet to sell these off, but if someone can use them before they oxidize, good on ya.

My little house runneth over, I should cull some too. Next year. Maybe...

Happy holidays and best of luck in 2018. Do drop in and let us know what great things you're up to!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    erco wrote: »
    Hey David! Yes, you have been missed. Bummer that you're less able to use these parts and do projects but I'm thrilled to hear that your career is on fire, good for you! I'm sure it's bittersweet to sell these off, but if someone can use them before they oxidize, good on ya.

Edit: link to van munch's listings: https://www.ebay.com/sch/dorhoutrd/m.html

My little house runneth over, I should cull some too. Next year. Maybe...

Happy holidays and best of luck in 2018. Do drop in and let us know what great things you're up to!

• Thanks Eric! I'm in California now and within a day driving distance of Parallax HQ so I'm hoping that there's going to be an Expo or something.

It's very hard to part with anything, but I don't want it to just sit and not get used. I have a bunch of stuff that can't really be sold (scraps, odds and ends), but is really great to have while building that I'm going to give to a co-worker of mine that host his daughter's robotics team. That's the stuff that I really didn't know what to do. I just really dislike being wasteful.

Talk to you later!

Dave
  • vanmunch wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I've had a couple of really great job changes over the past couple of years so I haven't been around very much and I haven't had much time to work on any of my projects.

Wow, last I heard I thought you were living in the Boston area, but now you are in Santa Clara.
  • Ya, bouncing all over the place, thought we'd see if this ocean is any better:)
  • FYI, final hours of most of the auction. :)