Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The next step in Artificial Intelligence ... — Parallax Forums

The next step in Artificial Intelligence ...

Comments

• LOL....

You are one funny guy!
  • The image was merely an afterthought -- just something that was posted on reddit today that seemed weirdly connected. But the article is serious: create a machine that generates another machine that can outstrip any other machine that humans have produced, as far as intelligence in a given task is concerned.

I hope I live long enough to see the fruits of such a process. As opposed to Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk, I believe strong AI will ultimately benefit mankind rather than destroy it.

-Phil

• Has it finally come to this?

ysx3wo4e0w101.jpg

:)

-Phil
    ROFLOL
    Jim

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2017-12-05 23:55
    Well, seems this "AI" craze just now creates jobs, and huge salaries:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/5/16737224/global-ai-talent-shortfall-tencent-report

Bit like PHP developers back in the late 1990's :)

AI in quotes above. Because I think the term in stupid.

We have no rigorous notion of intelligence so it pains me to see computer scientists use such nebulous terms.

On the other hand if it really is intelligent in some way then how is that different from real intelligence?

• JDJD Posts: 570

hahaha, this is hilarious; Im totally sharing this
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2017-12-06 00:32
    It used to be that AI was just about large databases and the predicate logic used to draw conclusions and perform actions from the data and sensory inputs or linguistic queries or commands. Adaptive systems (e.g. genetic algorithms, neural nets, and self-organizing complex systems) were another realm entirely, and the two realms seldom communicated. That has all changed in recent years, and all of those areas of research have been subsumed under the AI umbrella.
    heater wrote:
    AI in quotes above. Because I think the term in stupid.
    Not so fast! According to our FDA:

Artificial Intelligence: smarts that derive from or are assisted by chemical additives, preservatives, psychedelic substances, and/or electrodes.

Natural Intelligence: only additives derived from plant and animal matter; no petroleum byproducts or processed stimulants.

Organic Intelligence: no artificial anything (e.g. unassisted human intelligence or that of chimps and crows, etc.).

:)

-Phil

• JDJD Posts: 570
    The article is interesting. The child program is used to find people and objects that is deemed important enough to flag.

"Studies show that NASNet is able to identify objects in an image with 82.7% accuracy. Google says this is an improvement of 1.2% over AI programmes created by humans."

Thats pretty impressive rate. So give it any given subject, and then the program can pull up every piece of media and data regarding that person on the internet as a whole. If you have ever used Google Images to search by image, it's pretty much the same thing, but now it's 1.2% more accurate. haha :cool: