Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How many of you feel the need to "re-engineer" the stop lights at intersections? - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

How many of you feel the need to "re-engineer" the stop lights at intersections?

124»

Comments

• Cluso99 wrote: »

There was a time way back when cars didn't cut the corner, so to speak. Originally there were "silent cops" placed in the centre of the intersection, and all cars had to stay on the correct side of it.

Why is it that they swing way out to turn as if they are driving a bus, and then they cut the corner too? I had one guy in front of me that before he started to turn right essentially pulled so far over to the left that he was at right angles to me. Here in Oz that means I was about to t-bone the driver's side!&^$%@#!
    Talking about "swinging over", they do that too for parked cars "just in case" even with plenty of room but they end up on the wrong side of the road expecting you to swerve and avoid a head-on. Go figure.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Cluso99 wrote: »

There was a time way back when cars didn't cut the corner, so to speak. Originally there were "silent cops" placed in the centre of the intersection, and all cars had to stay on the correct side of it.

Why is it that they swing way out to turn as if they are driving a bus, and then they cut the corner too? I had one guy in front of me that before he started to turn right essentially pulled so far over to the left that he was at right angles to me. Here in Oz that means I was about to t-bone the driver's side!&^$%@#!
    Talking about "swinging over", they do that too for parked cars "just in case" even with plenty of room but they end up on the wrong side of the road expecting you to swerve and avoid a head-on. Go figure.
    Must have been a Melbourne city driver ;)