Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Counter A PLL/Video Generator Documentation — Parallax Forums

Counter A PLL/Video Generator Documentation

escherescher Posts: 138
edited 2017-10-31 22:27 in Propeller 1
Hey all! As part of my project I'm inadvertently creating thorough documentation of some of the Propeller 1's subsystems in the process of designing things from scratch.

I just finished this spiel on setting up the Counter A module in PLL mode as well as the Video Generator in VGA mode to generate a VGA signal.

Any questions, comments, concerns, or corrections are appreciated. Really tried to iron out implementation specifics and nuances that I became hung-up on during development of my own VGA driver. Thanks!

Comments

• Serious props to you on that documentation. (pun intendted)
  • Serious props to you on that documentation. (pun intendted)

Haha thanks man!

• Very well done. Are you going to publish a demo on OBEX? Have you looked at the great Palette and Font VGA demo work in OBEX that was done by Marko Lukat?
  • escherescher Posts: 138
    edited 2017-11-02 19:01
    PropGuy2 wrote: »
    Very well done. Are you going to publish a demo on OBEX? Have you looked at the great Palette and Font VGA demo work in OBEX that was done by Marko Lukat?
    Thanks! I might just do that once I've finished the sprite rendering component.

And actually Marko provides the occasional thought on my GitHub Issues, and I've definitely used his work occasionally to see how some things are done compared to my approach.
  • Thank you for doing this! Please keep up the great work.
  • cbmeeks wrote: »
    Thank you for doing this! Please keep up the great work.

Thanks for the support! BTW saw your fork; I've pruned some temp branches so you might want to do a pull, since branch deletions don't explicitly generate a commit of any sort so I don't know if you get any indication that it's happened.