Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Maze solver — Parallax Forums

Maze solver

Here are a video and a pdf file relating to a maze solving PARALLAX robot. The pdf file contains the software written in "Arduino".

It is still a bit crude: the servos need re-centering and the turns are clunky. But it is time to show off. Hope you like it.

vimeo.com/238068223

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2017-10-13 15:25
    Nicely done!

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Bravo, Addington! Great job and welcome to the forum. We love videos like yours, demonstrating a goal. For a man of your talents, our Figure 8 challenge is almost too easy! But have a look and jump in if you like. Any kind of figure 8. Like Outback steak house: no rules, just right!

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/138125/erco-s-figure-eight-challenge
  • Thank you PhiPi, thank you erco for your encouragement.

Fantastic work on the new servo motors. I am tempted to jump into the Figure 8 Challenge with the new servos....
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Great work Addington!

I want to see if I can do this with an S3!
  • Whit

Just had a look at the S3's details. It certainly looks doable. You will probably have to increase the number of line sensors because with only 2 sensors it is difficult for the robot to work out the need for making sharp turns.

I tried with 4 sensors and failed, but succeeded with 6.

Keep us posted on your progress.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    Addington,

I was thinking of trying both - first with a specialized using the existing sensors, then my back up plan was to use the hacker port to add additional sensors. I also want to try to do this with BlocklyProp to demonstrate that it is capable of something like this.

I will keep you posted!

Thanks for your great example.
  • I think it can be done with an unmodified S3, since it can be programmed to read barcodes. Just embed the codes in the line to be followed before each intersection. The information provided will indicate which directions are available at the junction ... or the fact that it's reached the end point.

-Phil
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Bar codes to define the intersection? Ain't that cheatin'?
  • erco wrote:
    Bar codes to define the intersection? Ain't that cheatin'?
    Nah! No more so than using an array of sensors to read the available turn directions.

-Phil