Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Fry's 2TB SSHD $69 — Parallax Forums

Fry's 2TB SSHD $69

Trying not to buy... http://www.frys.com/product/8087934 You must sign up for their promo code program to get that price.

Review: http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_desktop_sshd_review

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-09-30 16:57
    Bummer...In store only...:(

Newegg has some pretty good daily deals also.
  • Here's a promo code anyone could try - Your Saturday 09.30.17 Promo Code:

No idea how this works, but you can put it in the website and see what happens.
  • Erco,

I get these emails all the time but I usually delete them. I missed out on free anti-virus after rebate for Black Friday.

Actually I think I just saw one for a decent discount on an ActivityBot.
  • Umf. I've heard a lot of remarks regarding Fryes, none of the friendly. For my part I'd rather go over the issues with Micro Center. Problem here is that they are running down Parallax.
  • Buck,

Fry's isn't as bad as they were years ago and even Micro Center doesn't much Parallax hardware.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2017-10-01 02:30
    What's wrong with Fry's? Fry's is great.

Had a chap in there searching high and low for an RS 232 to RS 485 adapter. Their computer said there was one in the store but neither I nor he could find it. It was near closing time and I was all set to give up and go home. Oh no, he insisted on finding it for me. Took nearly half an hour but he found it. The last one.

• Genetix wrote: »
    Buck,

Fry's isn't as bad as they were years ago and even Micro Center doesn't much Parallax hardware.

Then it must have been the one in the area inhabited by Phoenix, chap I know reported extreme difficulties with them. And yes Micro Center is slowly selling off their incredible Parallax inventory to concentrate on Raspberry Pi, and even the Arduino. (Yick!)

On the flip side of the issue, Adafruit shows in their boards section both the Parallax QS as discontinued, and the YBOX2 device, which was also Prop based. I can well imagine the YBOX2 one being discontinued, but the QS?

• I'm o.k. with Fry's - just be sure to inspect packaging before buying because of the number of returns. Maybe it's o.k., but try to get a markdown if you're going to take a little extra risk. And I would try to buy packaged goods - e.g. not the drives in ESD bags. (Not sure they do that any more.) When I've gone lately the return lines haven't looked bad at all.

One thing to be aware of is that the inventory system that you can see online is apparently not refreshed frequently - once a day? So if you're going in for a special deal call first. And they do price matching, so don't forget to give that a try.

Maybe your friend is thinking of this kind of thing (there are some other stories about what went on back then):

http://www.mercurynews.com/2011/12/08/ex-frys-exec-to-serve-6-years-for-kickback-scheme/