Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NEW PCB's — Parallax Forums

NEW PCB's

Hello All,

This will be short.
Just got in today , 5 PCB's and 2 0.1mm metal stencils with partially faded (user) text in the corner 190*290mm ($41.) total.
Had a TAB in my Google browser (https://electronicsclub.info/) forever and just notice this new link for PCB's from (China). From Click to receive 13 days DHL.
NO BUSINESS TIES.
NOTE:Went on Vacation the next day (Mexico), so did not check email daily. But when I did I still had not received any conformation ORDER or PAYMENT received. Day 8 when we got back I contacted them about my order and they said they would let me know the next day because everyone was gone. Two or 3 days later I got an email that a DHL shipment would arrive in 2 days and needed a signature, they arrived. No other email unless I just missed it. Kind of scary, but ($2 per board/stencil and I guess stencil cleaning tool...new to stencils....wow...just noticed one stencil is way bigger (trying to attach a picture) 28*38CM T-0.12MM. EXTREMELY well Packed, between their own very ridged cardboard and pcb's in a box. wow.
Silk Screen kind of thin in certain areas and smudged in others (NOT good). Back better then the Front. some kind of an embedded initials (NP) looking through the magnifier (2 places). Connections all look good.
Tried to keep it short....If electrically works well worth it.
https://jlcpcb.com/
your results may vary!!!

Comments

• Too many "wow"s per minute... is that a promotion?
    :-P
  • This was my first order with them....SOOOOO

If you can wait without much communication for your prototypes ($2 x 5 PCB =$10) plus shipping, then yes.
    Have to fix software issue for now, will not be able to test PCB and build until next week.

Don't know how they do all this for so cheap...WOW

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    Howard,
    I am interested in maybe using this service.
    Have you had a chance to test the board yet ?
    Also, how much did they charge for shipping ?

Thanks and good luck.

Bean
  • Summarized?

There are probably around 20 Chinese pcb manufactures that do 5-10 pcs orders.
    DHL shipping cost is the problem and cheaper postal rates comes with a added two week wait.

If you got 0.5mm qfn recommend gold-enig as tin is to bumpy, now their prices gets higher.

10 units is a weird number, to many for a couple proto test-builds and to few for a small production run.

In U.S. we got oshpark and oshstencils, 3 units for proto tests before moving on to 50-100 units small production run is the way to go.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2018-01-10 15:09
    So has anyone tried the JLC PCB's?

Just now they are offering 10 pieces 100mm by 100mm double sided boards for $2 the lot!

Jumps up to $29.00 if you want the funky ENIG finish. Which still sounds good. Not that I think I need that.

I can also live with two week shipping if it means cheap post.

10 boards is a strange number for prototyping but at that price who cares? If you need a lot they get even cheaper.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    Yeah used them a couple times now since Sept.
    They are ok, had a couple issues but nothing major. They couldn't make a board that was 19" long with the thicker material, but could make it with the standard 1.6mm.
    Really cheap (cost wise) and good boards, good quality.
    We are happy with them.
    The worst thing for us is that you need to be home to sign for them, which is a pain.

Bean