Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TI dip EVM and Pins — Parallax Forums

TI dip EVM and Pins

Just got this the other day from TI, DIP EVM kit. Comes with a number of modules and a couple rows of pins to go with it. NICE! these pins look like they will be much nicer on the breadboard sockets than the usual big square headers most things seem to come with. I ordered another 10 sets of pins from Digikey for a number of AdaFruit smd adaptor boards. We will see if it was worth it.

http://www.ti.com/tool/dip-adapter-evm was the location for the EVM kit.

Comments

• The pins seem to be about US$ 0.50 each. I use that style "machine pin" for my breadboard-friendly circuits.
  • They are what the TI EVM uses, USD$5.50 for a 32 pin strip at DigiKey. Got ten @ $5.37 so that worked out to about 18cents per pin. Worth it.
  • Clearly, I failed at simple arithmetic...

$6.93 / 32 = 21.7, not 50
  • ##$$@$" Digikey may become almost as dangerous as microcenter. They are really fast on standard shipping and the prices are good. After tossing the RadioShack soldering iron in the trash, I mounted up a couple DACS and the fit in the breadboard is great, minimal required force, not worried about what they do to the boards. They were a nice find.
  • Nice find, Frank.

I've used those futurlec 8 pin breakouts for all sorts of things over the years, not least to replace the discontinued winbond dip flash chips.

But that TI product covers more packages, and the op amp versions are neat too
  • @Tubular, the find got nicer. Saw the same EVK for $15.00, but it comes with a really nice Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference. Yes, it can be and was immediately downloaded, but sometimes I like having stuff like this at hand without digging through directories for them. Oh, did I mention it comes with more smt2dip adapters and 2 x32 pin strips like the other kit?!