Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NEW PROPELLER-BASED PROTOTYPING PLATFORM - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

NEW PROPELLER-BASED PROTOTYPING PLATFORM

2»

Comments

• Anybody get shipment yet? I'm still waiting on mine.
  • Publison wrote: »
    Anybody get shipment yet? I'm still waiting on mine.
    Nope. I haven't received anything yet. Did he actually say he shipped in August?

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-09-28 20:58
    Earlybirds were supposed to be in August. Mine was September shipment. The earthquakes may have something to do with late shipments.

Looks like it did not go into manufacturing until Sept 20.

Juan Daniel Garcia Lizarraga Creator on September 20
    Hi Keith
    we are now in our manufacturing process of Parral dev board, we are working in extras to have complements when Parral get to our Backers. We have been busy with our extras but we are going to update everything we do.
    Thanks
    Earlybirds were supposed to be in August. Mine was September shipment. The earthquakes may have something to do with late shipments.

Hi Keith
    we are now in our manufacturing process of Parral dev board, we are working in extras to have complements when Parral get to our Backers. We have been busy with our extras but we are going to update everything we do.
    Thanks
    I'm not in a big rush. In fact, I have no idea what I'm going to do with this board. I have way too many Propeller boards as it is. I just did it to support him.

• Looks interesting, might have to pick one up.
  • Very well thought! My development board barely fits on the breadboard and uses a QFP part. It has the advantage of running at 6MHz base clock, or 96MHz effective. See it here:
    http://www.bloguetronica.com/2016/09/placa-de-desenvolvimento-prop-ii.html

The latest version:
    http://www.bloguetronica.com/2016/12/placa-de-desenvolvimento-prop-ii-rev-a.html

Perhaps Juan could even design a smaller version using the QFP part. Included PSU is good. Mine is able to supply 3.3V from the USB, but the amps aren't great. However, it does accept external 3.3V without configuration (the regulator can have 3.3V at its output with or without a supply voltage at its input).

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • David Betz wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »

Hi Keith
    Thanks
    I'm not in a big rush. In fact, I have no idea what I'm going to do with this board. I have way too many Propeller boards as it is. I just did it to support him.

According the their Facebook page looks like they got their Propeller chips yesterday, and are awaiting the boards. Question is, are the boards bare or populated?

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-10-12 22:09
    Update from Juan today:
    Juan Daniel Garcia Lizarraga says:
    Hi everybody

We have taken time to start delivering to our backers because we have had a lot problems with our suppliers, but now we only are waiting for the boards, we are ready to start delivering in about 20 days,

for your patience, we are gong to send you extras with the board and as soon as you get the boards we are going to deliver a 3D printable robot movil to be easier learn to use Parral dev board

thank you very much for your understanding, we are working everyday to be faster the boards delivery

Not sure what the movil (mobile ?) is.
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,912
    edited 2017-10-12 23:23
    I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps a small robot chassis STL?
  • JonnyMac wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps a small robot chassis STL?

Gosh, if it's a STL, I hope he throws in the 3D printer. :)

• proplemproplem Posts: 233
    edited 2017-10-24 06:21
    Hi there,
    I missed the Kickstarter project. And there seems to be difficulties with delivery. Should these be solved I'd be interested in buying some of these boards.
    Any news with this?
    Best regards,
    proplem
  • The boards started shipping last Monday (11/6). I believe they are coming from Mexico, so there might be a slight delay.
  • Got mine today :D

Does anyone have any Parallax-sold breadboards they can confirm it fits into? I have an old aluminum-mounted Radioshack one that has identical dims and looks like it's laid out the same as:
    700-00078 and the spacing of power rails is a bit too wide. The one in the FLiP try-it kit looks to be laid out differently.

Cheers
  • avsa242 wrote: »
    Got mine today :D

Does anyone have any Parallax-sold breadboards they can confirm it fits into? I have an old aluminum-mounted Radioshack one that has identical dims and looks like it's laid out the same as:
    700-00078 and the spacing of power rails is a bit too wide. The one in the FLiP try-it kit looks to be laid out differently.

Cheers

Have not received mine yet. Will measure when I get it. Should fit most recent generic breadboards.

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2017-12-19 21:04
    I just got two packages but I only ordered one. I'm a bit concerned that the address label on the second one had someone else's name on it as well as mine. Maybe the label got cut wrong. The other name was "Christos Stavrou". Is that anyone here?
  • Still waiting on mine. That name is not close to mine. :)
    Still waiting on mine. That name is not close to mine. :)
    Too bad. It would have been pretty cheap for me to mail my extra to you. As it is it's probably someone in Mexico it was supposed to go to.

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2017-12-20 02:07
    deleted
  • proplem wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I missed the Kickstarter project. And there seems to be difficulties with delivery. Should these be solved I'd be interested in buying some of these boards.
    Any news with this?
    Best regards,
    proplem

They are on Tindie now:

https://www.tindie.com/products/coderbad/parral-development-board-for-beginners/

• The board looks pretty cool although I think I like the FLIP better.
  • David Betz wrote: »
    The board looks pretty cool although I think I like the FLIP better.

Agreed. I got my flip so I could take it straight from the breadboard and plug it right into a socket on any given prototype device.