Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
$7 Android/PC Endoscope Waterproof Camera - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

$7 Android/PC Endoscope Waterproof Camera

Comments

• There you go erco, lets see the creation of a fur ball in real time.
  • Mr. Roboto presents: The HackCam
  • Here is a snapshot of part of my keyboard

Part of the problem is the LED brightness - only 3 settings - the brightest produces a lot of glare and the lower settings are too dim..

[img][/img]keyboard.jpg
    640 x 480 - 28K
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Hugh, old chap, that's a bit stiff.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    My choices were: end or woodwind. We all won!

• Wow, not bad at all!
    The trip through the recorder bore is my poor man's alternative star gate ending to 2001.

• I guess your pushing me for an update.
    Windows 95? Start it up!
  • ceptimusceptimus Posts: 135
    edited 2017-08-07 10:02
    I'll see your recorder and raise you an alto saxophone.

Now where did I leave my bassoon? :)
  • Got my borescope camera today and proved it works with Windows, although not yet with my phone. Looking for something to demo it with more boring than Erco's recorder.
    localroger wrote: »
    ... more boring than Erco's recorder.

I can video myself playing the recorder... I have a 2-hour repertoire.

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    erco wrote: »
    ... more boring than Erco's recorder.

I can video myself playing the recorder... I have a 2-hour repertoire.

The one minute symphony played 120 times? That would certainly qualify as most boring.
  • I think mine is defective - my pics & videos are distorted.

Tried adjusting settings, etc - it may be headed for the trash...
    Bummer. Tell the seller, get a refund or replacement.
  • Looking back at the thread, I just realized my camera didn't come with the dual-flip USB adapter. The camera cable is micro USB to plug into a phone, and they supplied an adapter for USB Type A.
  • Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
    edited 2017-08-08 17:24
    erco wrote: »

I contacted the seller like you suggested - after seeing your video and the ceptimus saxaphone video, I could see how badly mine performs.

I hope "outlet-ccctv' sends a new one or gives me a refund...

Looking back at the thread, I just realized my camera didn't come with the dual-flip USB adapter. The camera cable is micro USB to plug into a phone, and they supplied an adapter for USB Type A.

That's probably better/stronger in the long run. The flip connector is novel, but just one more thing to break. And as someone pointed out, when plugged into their phone, the flip connector is pointed down, preventing the phone from laying flat. So the connector is touching the ground, and the phone's micro USB jack is stressed out supporting the load, which it was never designed to do. One good hit like that could damage both the camera connector and your phone.

• OK, got it working with the phone. I THOUGHT I had a cool little internal combustion engine to explore, but turns out it's put together with weird head screws and I can't get it apart tonight. My camera also has a thumbwheel which allows continuous adjustment of the illumination light, and a button whose purpose I don't know -- maybe pause when video recording, which I haven't tried yet?

It does have a good sharp image, but not at super-high resolution; appears to be QVGA, which is fine for an inspection cam. Weirdly, the colors are distorted on my Windows PC, very posterized, but they look natural on my phone.
    Can'tcha just take out the spark plug???
  • Erco I can't get to the spark plug because there's a cover over the cylinder head that I can't get off with normal tools. I will probably do it destructively this weekend since the motor doesn't work and probably isn't worth fixing anyway, and I just haven't gotten around to discarding it yet.
  • erco wrote: »

Well, the seller agreed to send me another camera after I sent them fuzzy pictures from the defective one.

Hopefully the new one will work properly...

Now you can wipe the vaseline off your lens and have two! :)
  • erco wrote: »
    Now you can wipe the vaseline off your lens and have two! :)

Unfortunately, that's what the images looked like - pretty bad...

20170810_130521.jpg
    1280 x 959 - 135K
  • Unfortunately, that's what the images looked like - pretty bad...

In old-skool photography this is what they called a glamour shot. The seller should have charged you extra!

Oh Mr. Czapala, I'm ready for my close-up!
  • Or the blurry image may be from the midichlorians trapped between the elements of the lens. I hear that can happen these days, even if it didn't in the previous version.

• Received my replacement borescope

MUCH BETTER! (see earlier image above)

new%20scope%20pic.jpg
    640 x 480 - 54K