Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The start of a revolution? — Parallax Forums

The start of a revolution?

MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
edited 2017-07-28 13:51 in General Discussion

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Sumimasen, Ken: BoeBot-san needs a face!
  • Robots that look like and act like people are so awkward lol...
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    It would be better for everybody to fix the population problem.. of course there won't be enough babies when you get up at 05:30 in the morning to go to work, and get home at 23 in the evening. As some people I know do. The lucky ones are home a couple of hours earlier. College students are expected to stay in the lab until midnight. It's all form, not function, so productivity is low. As everyone who have tried working insane hours for more than a few days know, it serves no purpose, at least not for productivity.
    Fix that, and Japan will not need to worry so much about the population crash - the population has dropped measurably even since I started to spend time there, just a few years ago.
  • Tor wrote: »
    ...the population has dropped measurably even since I started to spend time there, just a few years ago.

Co-incidence?
  • I just need all of you young whippersnappers to work more hours to make more money (so that more goes into Social Security) so that there will be enough money in the fund for my retirement.

Sleep? Why do you need sleep?

:)

And no, I don't believe that there will be enough in the fund.

edited 2017-08-07 11:25
    [delete - editing / quoting mixup]
    edited 2017-08-07 11:25
    Hugh wrote: »
    Tor wrote: »
    ...the population has dropped measurably even since I started to spend time there, just a few years ago.

Co-incidence?
    I hope so.. because I would expect an improvement (increase) in population size, as I've been preaching to everyone I meet about how they should stop working insane hours and actually go home at night.

• MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-08-07 13:23
    I wonder how this will balance out? An ever increasing human population growth, with ever increasing robotic implementations in our daily lives.

Can we have both and not be spending more time at home than you want to, like unemployed.

Then there will be more time to do something about population growth, but no prospects for a promising future.

http://www.worldometers.info/

What jobs will be left in a robotic nation?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-jobs-will-be-left-in-a-robotic-nation/