Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax Serial Terminal - Paste — Parallax Forums

Parallax Serial Terminal - Paste

I've been trying to paste a string into parallax serial terminal, but not having any success. If I hit CTRL-V in the input window, the string is pasted to the screen, but the character sent across the serial connection is the CTRL-V, not the pasted text. If I do a right click and select paste from the drop down menu, the text is pasted to the screen, but nothing is sent.

I'm using PST dated 6-9-2011, which appears to be that same as supplied by the latest version of propeller tool (1.3.2). Does it simply not support paste, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• Try hitting carriage return after pasting in the text with drop down menu.

John Abshier
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    I didn't think it was possible to paste and send. You can copy the text in the large window and paste into notepad (the other way = receiving).
  • Try hitting carriage return after pasting in the text with drop down menu.

I tried that. It sent the carriage return, but nothing else.

I ended up installing "RealTerm", which seems to have a pretty exhaustive feature set, though I still like Parallax Serial Terminal for its simplicity.

• I have never encountered a terminal program that would allow pasting to the data output. A few weeks I ended up writing one for my own use because of this.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    localroger wrote: »
    I have never encountered a terminal program that would allow pasting to the data output. A few weeks I ended up writing one for my own use because of this.

Yes. I have used one, but cannot recall which one. The common PC one of years ago) again cannot recall name - another senior moment) allowed reading a file and sending this. This was before the inbuilt windows terminal program killed it off! And then the Windows terminal program was removed.