Ebay Laser & Sensor Tests FYI

2»

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 19,850
    Hmm...think I have to convince the boss that we need a leddartech development kit for evaluation...

Presumably under that lens there is an optical/IR line sensor of some kind.
  • If this is any help. The datasheet is for the sensor as a whole.
    1080 x 1920 - 723K
  • macrobeak wrote: »
    MikeDYur,
    Thanks for the link;
    http://leddartech.com
    Very impressive lidar modules of various complexities.
    All sub $1000, some sub $500.
    All have 5V power supply and 3.3v UART, so Prop interfacing should be straightforward.
    I look forward to seeing some really interesting applications from these modules.

macrobeak, Your welcome, Thanks for the info. Before I spend that much on a sensor, I gotta see what it can do. They look like very good quality, and you pay for that I know.

I have to go back and see, I think there was a video. I didn't get to much of a chance to look the place over.
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,559
    An I completely bonkers, or does this Ebay "kit" look like it has all the parts (modulation tubes!) to DIY this same sensor? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laser-Head-Modulation-Tube-Reciver-Tube-Lens-for-Freescale-Smart-car-/121736318102

I offered $4 to find out. The lens look the same and I think I see the same purple paint on the edge of one sensor.

s-l500.jpg
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 21,403
    edited June 26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yowzza! The only thing missing is the fancy sub-nanosecond electronics to time the light beam's return.

-Phil
    “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
    Yowzza! The only thing missing is the fancy sub-nanosecond electronics to time the light beam's return.

-Phil

Oh no, this izzint a ToF sensor. Just a reflectance sensor as shown at

- Pablo Picasso