Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BuhBye.... — Parallax Forums

BuhBye....

Gents,

I'm responsible for a new tax/revenue collecting system for the government. I now have the networking and infrastructure done and working. I've put off the custom hardware portion for years (MANY YEARS) waiting for the Prop2. Prop 1 will not work and they are on my A$$ to finish and launch this project.

So, though I love the propeller and the fabled Prop2, I will must move to another architecture to do get the hardware development done. As I see it, current prop2 specs will leave it pointlessly behind some of the new releases of competitors.

So long, farewell, but I do look forward to playing with it... just extremely upset that I will not be able to produce with it. Maybe parallax should consider extreme development and deliver smaller solid deploy-able product lines more routinely... Heck, I fired a guy simply because he could not finish a project as complete enough. Brilliant as he is, he always found some fanatical idea of something else he could cram into a piece of code, that didn't need it, simply because he could.

So long high volume government prop2 hardware design... those of us in the real world must actually deliver to keep our jobs in the sandbox.

Comments

• If Parallax had a suitable compact module with FPGA on board, which you could use to ship a FPGA version then seamlessly cut over to the cheaper P2 silicon once available, would that change things?
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    Tubular wrote: »
    If Parallax had a suitable compact module with FPGA on board, which you could use to ship a FPGA version then seamlessly cut over to the cheaper P2 silicon once available, would that change things?
    It might, to a serious designer, but given the only thing missing from #1 was a promise of money from a Nigerian Prince, I would not hold my breath...

• The trouble with any FPGA verison is that it lacks all the analog functions and I can see volume for the smaller P2 family package variants if they become available too.

I sympathize with the OP though, and just because someone doesn't have a strong forum presence doesn't mean that they aren't serious as the ones who are really serious commercial customers really don't have time to hang around a forum continually reading and posting. Some of us just can't help ourselves though, perhaps we should fire ourselves :)
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    The trouble with any FPGA verison is that it lacks all the analog functions and I can see volume for the smaller P2 family package variants if they become available too.
    If we do assume this wording really is genuine "I'm responsible for a new tax/revenue collecting system for the government....", how is any Analog function going to matter ?

If I were to list P2 market openings, in order of litmus/sanity checks, it is hard to imagine what could be placed lower than "a new tax/revenue collecting system for the government".

Still, it was worth a chuckle.
This discussion has been closed.