Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cycling Champion generator control module useing BS2 detect 12v start\stop gen. batt. chargers - Page 11 — Parallax Forums

Cycling Champion generator control module useing BS2 detect 12v start\stop gen. batt. chargers

15678911»

Comments

• kwinn wrote: »
    kwinn wrote: »
    Here is a diagram of how each 9 pin group of servo pins is connected. If the jumpers are in the position shown in the picture the V+ on the servo pins is +5v. If the jumper is in the other position V+ on the servo pins is Vin.
    The jumpers on my wx are in the same position as the photo.That is where they should be?

Yes, that's where they should be.

Here is a diagram of the wiring between the batteries/WX/and generator switch. The connections to the two battery packs should be as close to the battery positive terminals as possible so the voltage is accurate under load.
    PO and P1 connect to what input terminals on the RY1,2,3 relays?What do the color codes look like on a '4K7' resistor? The drawing looks great thank-you.I hope I can get this right.

• Do the WX's output relay pins 'RY' output a ground or positive voltage to the relay's input? I guess thats the proper question to ask.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Here is a diagram of how each 9 pin group of servo pins is connected. If the jumpers are in the position shown in the picture the V+ on the servo pins is +5v. If the jumper is in the other position V+ on the servo pins is Vin.
    The jumpers on my wx are in the same position as the photo.That is where they should be?

Yes, that's where they should be.

Here is a diagram of the wiring between the batteries/WX/and generator switch. The connections to the two battery packs should be as close to the battery positive terminals as possible so the voltage is accurate under load.
    PO and P1 connect to what input terminals on the RY1,2,3 relays?What do the color codes look like on a '4K7' resistor? The drawing looks great thank-you.I hope I can get this right.

P0 goes to pin1 (RY1) and pin 2 (RY2) of the first dual relay board.
    P1 goes to pin 1 (RY3) of the second relay board.
    The 4K7 (aka 4.7K) resistor would be yellow violet red.
    Do the WX's output relay pins 'RY' output a ground or positive voltage to the relay's input? I guess thats the proper question to ask.

The output from the propeller pin activates the relay when it is positive.
  • Ok found 4.7k resistor ending with gold stripe. The 27114 relay boards have three pins to the left of the white letttering 'RLY1','RLY2'in the lower right corner. What pin or pins connect to the Prop output pins?
    Ok found 4.7k resistor ending with gold stripe. The 27114 relay boards have three pins to the left of the white letttering 'RLY1','RLY2'in the lower right corner. What pin or pins connect to the Prop output pins?

J4 pins 1 and 2 are the signals in from the propeller output pins. You could use the servo connectors on the WX board for this along with the servo cables from Parallax. They would also supply the ground connections. All the info is available at https://www.parallax.com/product/27114
  • kwinn wrote: »
    Ok found 4.7k resistor ending with gold stripe. The 27114 relay boards have three pins to the left of the white letttering 'RLY1','RLY2'in the lower right corner. What pin or pins connect to the Prop output pins?

J4 pins 1 and 2 are the signals in from the propeller output pins. You could use the servo connectors on the WX board for this along with the servo cables from Parallax. They would also supply the ground connections. All the info is available at https://www.parallax.com/product/27114
    Ok I will disregard the parts of the schematic that power the relay boards. I will wire power & inputs through the servo headers.