Chip on Hackaday "hackchat" on Friday, May 5th — Parallax Forums

Chip on Hackaday "hackchat" on Friday, May 5th

https://hackaday.io/event/21557-parallax-hack-chat

Ask your Propeller 2 questions.

Ken Gracey

Comments

• Ken

So I took out my new Propeller Project Board, which just arrived the other day, and I asked the Propeller 2 questions. I have been sitting here for hours, awaiting a response, but so far, not even a peep of chatter.

Do I have to pet or praise the chip while asking these two questions?
  • The Chat doesn't start until Friday.
  • Oh great look forward to it. Thanks Ken
  • idbruce wrote: »
    Ken

So I took out my new Propeller Project Board, which just arrived the other day, and I asked the Propeller 2 questions. I have been sitting here for hours, awaiting a response, but so far, not even a peep of chatter.

Bruce, you have to both pet and praise the chip while asking questions. :) Where did you ask those questions? Was it on this forum or on Hack Chat? I don't see you on the list of followers on Hack Chat. And what does the Propeller Project Board have to do with the P2?
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    You have the wrong board... you need the Propeller Activity Board.

Just to make sure, I asked mine two questions today.

"Propeller," I said. "How long does the flash sync signal of a Sony A7Sii last?"

The answer is "anywhere between 1/50 of a second and 1/80 of a second, depending upon your shutter setting?"

"Thank you... now, assuming that I set you up for IR remote and order up a shot... is the timing reliable enough
    to sync at 1/8000 second?"

and the answer is "YES"... woohoo!!!!

I was using FDS for the conversation... it is a little hard to hear... you have to put your ear up to the monitor.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    Which goes to show you just how smart the Propeller 1 is... most people think that a Sony Alpha can't sync a flash using a shutter speed higher than 1/250 sec. The P1 thinks otherwise:)

Imagine what the Propeller 2 will be able to do!!!
  • idbruce wrote: »
    Ken

Very droll.
  • Thanks! I'm all signed up.
  • @Dave Hein
    And what does the Propeller Project Board have to do with the P2?

Nothing :) Ken said, "Ask your Propeller 2 questions." I was simply following the instructions :)
    you have to both pet and praise the chip while asking questions.

I will give it a try, but I have almost given up hope for any kind of response :)

You know me, every once in while, I have to make an attempt at lousy humor.
  • Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,347
    edited 2017-05-02 01:55
    Oh, one of us should be embarrassed that I didn't get your joke. :) Have you ever tried my Lerner program? You could load it on your Propeller Project Board and ask it a few questions. Be prepared to answer questions coming from it as well. It is quite inquisitive.