Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forum Request — Parallax Forums

Forum Request

Could someone please add a "cancel" button to the message posting dialog? It's getting very annoying that once one starts a message there is no way to abort the process that doesn't leave an annoying entry in the "drafts" folder. Can there please be a simple "cancel" button?

Comments

• +100
  • David Betz wrote: »
    Could someone please add a "cancel" button to the message posting dialog? It's getting very annoying that once one starts a message there is no way to abort the process that doesn't leave an annoying entry in the "drafts" folder. Can there please be a simple "cancel" button?

David, I don't know a way around it. Yes, I get caught up with the same thing.

In the mean time, continue with the post and include Mods-delete. I'll delete it and it will not get stuck in the drafts folder.

• I'll contact the Mother Ship to see what can be done.
  • Publison wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »

David, I don't know a way around it. Yes, I get caught up with the same thing.

In the mean time, continue with the post and include Mods-delete. I'll delete it and it will not get stuck in the drafts folder.
    It's not that hard to delete it from the "drafts" folder but it shouldn't be necessary. A "Cancel" button can't be that hard to add.

• I remember doing some research on this and I think it was that Vanilla doesn't give the option to disable drafts.

After reading about a forum that had all drafts made public I started using a workaround; ctrl+a, hit a letter or number, hit save. At least that way nothing is saved.

Or, type the post outside of your browser, then c&v.

I've been slacking, though. If my drafts were to be made public I'd probably be banned lol.
  • xanadu wrote: »
    I remember doing some research on this and I think it was that Vanilla doesn't give the option to disable drafts.

After reading about a forum that had all drafts made public I started using a workaround; ctrl+a, hit a letter or number, hit save. At least that way nothing is saved.

Or, type the post outside of your browser, then c&v.

I've been slacking, though. If my drafts were to be made public I'd probably be banned lol.
    But then you have the letter or number in your drafts folder. I thought I could just delete the entire post and press "save" but that doesn't work.

• Yeah, I figure a letter or number is better than the half-posts I have saved.

Oh, there is a plugin now, but it's not proactive. https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/draftsweeper-plugin

I am still perplexed on why it's not a selectable user option, maybe I'm missing something.
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2017-03-02 23:16
    I still can't find the "drafts" folder you speak of. I did, however, just run across the same plugin as xanadu while Googling around for the drafts folder :)

--Edit--

NVM! I found it! This is great :D
  • If you want to ditch all drafts without a lot of work, and you have the time to do it, all you need is a left mouse click timer, there's plenty of software to do that.

When you mouse over the draft title in the draft list, the "X" to delete the draft will be in the same place every time. A single delete operation take about 2 seconds on my connection.

I used a programmable keyboard macro to make my mouse left click every 3 seconds and left it in that spot (the red circle in the attachment).

855 x 472 - 85K
  • Is Parallax using the free version of Vanilla or the supported version?
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148

Paired with this, would be to provide some simple means to delete duplicated posts.

• jmg wrote: »

Paired with this, would be to provide some simple means to delete duplicated posts.

It's easy. Post "mod delete". :)

I read every post, so I will catch it.
  • Hal AlbachHal Albach Posts: 747
    edited 2017-03-03 00:33
    When I want to "cancel" a post I am writing I just hit the back button, a little pop up says something about a draft saved. At the top left of the page where your picture is and under the red New Discussions banner I click on "My Drafts" and when that opens I hover my mouse over a draft until the X in the black box appears, click on that and another draft disappears into the ether.
    The Arduino forums also do not have a cancel button but it also lets you back out.