Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone here from Coeur d'Alene, ID / Spokane, WA area? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Anyone here from Coeur d'Alene, ID / Spokane, WA area?

2»

Comments

• Your soon-to-be-adopted school district may be desperate enough for CTE help that you can teach using whatever platform you want. Here in Port Townsend, my teaching Spin with the Activity Bot scarcely raised an eyebrow. They were just glad to have someone who knew something about robotics. -Phil

Whoohoo! Z80 it is then! :nerd:

...just kidding... :innocent:
    Lol
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    Jim,

I'm glad someone appreciated that. Z80 was always my favorite old-school processor. It really brought my level up in programming and interfacing 8 and 16-bit CPUs. Writing assembly code, compiling it, burning it to an EPROM...the smell of ozone as I erased said EPROM for the next test. :nerd:
  • Hi

Ha Ha happy memories. I eventually got to use battery backed rams as roms- skipped the whole erase reprogramming step - made development a lot faster.

Dave
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    Well, today is the last day for me here at Parallax. I wish you all the best in your future projects. It's been a pleasure helping you all out over the last 12 years.

In the future I will be available at www.savagecircuits.com
  • Chris, Sorry to see you go, but good luck in your life's pursuits.
  • Chris, Sorry to see you go, but I know you will find the next great thing in your career, etc. Thanks for all your knowledge over the years! Will definitely be keeping up to date with you on Savagecircuits.
  • Chris, Sorry to see you go, but it's good to know Savage Circuits will be up and running.

Thank you for helping me out over the years.

Happy Journeys, my friend,

Jim
  • Well, today is the last day for me here at Parallax. I wish you all the best in your future projects. It's been a pleasure helping you all out over the last 12 years.

In the future I will be available at www.savagecircuits.com
    Hi Chris,

I'm really sorry to see you go. Thanks for everything. Good luck in your next endeavor!
  • Wow, Chris, it's been quite a ride! It's been a distinct pleasure working with you all these many years. Best of luck at your new location and in whatever endeavors you pursue! Please keep us posted about what you're up to ...

-Phil
  • Sad to see you leaving Parallax, won't be quite the same without you. Good luck and good fortune be with you, always.

Hal
  • Hi Chris,

I hope everything goes well as you move into the next phase of your life in Coeur d'Alene, ID.

Regards,

Zappman
  • Best of luck Chris. Hope you have good success.
  • Sorry to see you go Chris, you have helped MANY over the years.
  • Yes, hurts thinking about it here too. We let Chris out the door yesterday after an Old Town Pizza party complete with soft drinks and ice cream. I could see that Chris is looking forward to the future and that's inspiring to me, too. It's wonderful to see him make positive changes for his next phase of life in Idaho, a much colder place where he can wear shorts and a t-shirt and still be comfortable while pumping gas. I've developed a lot of respect for Chris from the last twelve years: technical abilities; his support for Wendy; knowing who he is and what he wants from life; how he's supported Josh and Joe; and that he's good at just being a kind person (never a mean day from him!).

I know we'll be working together again in the future and we will be here to support him with whatever he needs from Parallax.

Thank you, Chris! Our office is a different place today. People won't talk much about your absence for a bit as we get used to it. I imagine a few chairs and desks will get switched around in the meantime. Heck, we might even have to blame you on a few things just because you're not in the office anymore. Where's that o-scope? Send that support call to Chris! . . .and so on.

All the best, Savage!

Ken Gracey