Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 forum to have no moderation - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

P2 forum to have no moderation

2»

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    It was around about June last year. So only 8 months or so.

I don't seem to have achieved much since then either !
  • Last year was less than two months ago. I don't recall exactly when Heater made his trip, but it was only a few months ago.
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Bottom line is that these boards are a Propeller 2 R&D expense.

Thanks, thats actually exactly what I meant to get across.
    The NRE is a sunk cost, and actual cost per board would be $300-400-ish/board now.

Just wanted to put it out there as such, in the event there was one or two, or a baker's dozen of really interested folks who could help jumpstart testing.

Wondering if things might get pulled together a bit more, doc-wise to consider putting out a call on the P1/General thread for testers.

Is there an Actual Plan for Testing?
  • Plan? Is there actually Any plan?
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    I think the plan is to make a plan. But that is still in the planning stage.

:)
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    It's all about conservation of energy and momentum ;-)
  • I have just read that is frozen. Great! we can take a rest and make a plan.

1) Test instruction set (1 month, end of 1st Quarter).
    Start compiler and documentation.
    2) Final release v17 (Fix bugs). Send verilog to treehouse (begining of April)
    3) Shuttle (2Q)
    4) Get first shuttle ICs and send to package vendor (3Q).
    5) Deliver first ICs before end of year (end of 3Q/begining of 4Q).
  • I would love to be able to test the Propeller 2, though I have been waiting near 6 years for the Propeller 2, so I guess however long it takes it takes.

I was active here until shortly after the Hot Prop 2 run. I would like to become active in this development again, though it may not happen, at least not until the Propeller 2 is released commercially in a few years time.

Now back to my Propeller 1 project of the moment.
  • JasonDorieJasonDorie Posts: 1,930
    edited 2017-03-01 06:28
    (deleted because I can't read dates)
  • JasonDorie,
    that post was from 4 days ago when he had started the other thread.
  • Ahh, ok - I rescind.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,253
    edited 2017-03-01 06:30
    I suggest we act the part implied by Chip in his request for no moderation.

He was sincere, seeking mutually respected peers, able to speak unabashedly, to help him in getting this done. We draw from one another and our diverse backgrounds and experiences.

When we stay focused on that, the rest will come and go, no worries.

• David Betz wrote: »
    Would it be possible to make that thread "sticky" so it stays at the top of the Propeller 2 forum? It's hard to find if it hasn't been updated recently.

Click on the star next to the thread's name. Then it will be in your "My Bookmarks" list.
  • Seairth wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    Would it be possible to make that thread "sticky" so it stays at the top of the Propeller 2 forum? It's hard to find if it hasn't been updated recently.

Click on the star next to the thread's name. Then it will be in your "My Bookmarks" list.
    Good idea. Thanks!