Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Why...O...why...in this day and age... - Page 8 — Parallax Forums

Why...O...why...in this day and age...

1234568»

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    MikeDYur wrote: »
    2,300 views, 209 comments later, the OP has an answer. We can talk, sorry for my part.

Maybe a the thread can be gutted, and the content can be moved to the P2 forum.

Or copied to the P2 forum and the few posts related to the original question removed. Less work that way.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2017-01-09 18:57
    Or ... maybe we've exhausted the OT topic and can just move on.

moveon.gif
    "Alright folks, move along. Nothing to see here."

:)
    -Phil
  • kwinn wrote: »
    MikeDYur wrote: »
    2,300 views, 209 comments later, the OP has an answer. We can talk, sorry for my part.

Maybe a the thread can be gutted, and the content can be moved to the P2 forum.

Or copied to the P2 forum and the few posts related to the original question removed. Less work that way.

Why would you want the original question to be removed? The OP should have his questions answered without P2 interference being introduced.

• He meant after the whole thread is copied to the P2 forum -- not here.

-Phil
  • Do not post here unless you say something pertaining to denno's questions directly.

Moderators will remove anything not a direct comment to the OP, or in response to his remarks.
  • Denno:

If SPIN seems tricky then try PropC. That fits in with C/Java/JavaScript family. There aren't as many objects in the OBEX, but I've found plenty of examples in Learn/Parallax and on the fora.

Philosophically, it has always been hard to move to a new platform, language or curriculum. But usually it is to something more powerful and that opens up better solutions for projects. So once over the hump, the transition is worth the effort.

- John
  • denno wrote: »
    For close to two decades now, I have been writing programs for the Basic Stamps.

There's your problem, right there. Doing the same thing for two decades isn't healthy for you or Parallax.

Try Spin or C or Forth and keep trying until you understand it. Don't try to get too fancy in your early attempts. It will get easier and when you do 'get it' the experience will be a satisfying one.

No company can survive without upgrading its product line. Progress, though sometimes difficult, is necessary.

Sandy