Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
frequency-stable monolithic CMOS oscillator topology - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

frequency-stable monolithic CMOS oscillator topology

2»

Comments

• edited 2017-01-20 21:19
    cgracey wrote: »
    Here is my desk now.

After my co-workers complained about the state of my desk I made up a little sign that said, "A clean desk is the product of a sick mind."

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Here is my desk now.

After my co-workers complained about the state of my desk I made up a little sign that said, "A clean desk is the product of a sick mind."

I would not go that far, but I do agree it is hard to be productive and have a neat desk at the same time.
  • The saying I've always heard is, "If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what does that say about an empty desk?" :)

-Phil
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Alexander (Sandy) Hapgood,
    Quite so. It's an obsession with trivial detail rather than getting anything useful done.

Your co-workers need to be made aware of the famous Jim Williams:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyohm/sets/72157629444825281/

Used to be that co-workers and cleaners and such would not go near my space for fear of death. Working with high voltages has that advantage :)

• Heater. wrote: »

Would this be the same guy years earlier, if so he is less productive now.

1179 x 724 - 177K
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    MikeDYur wrote: »
    Heater. wrote: »

Makes me wonder how our forebears might have smelled.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    MikeDYur wrote: »
    Heater. wrote: »

Makes me wonder how our forebears might have smelled.

Probably not so good. Reminds me of a programmer I worked with early on. Loaned me his station wagon to do a service call when my car was in for service. The back seat and cargo area was filled up to and slightly above the window level with discarded food and drink wrappers and containers. The smell was even worse than I imagined, and I have a pretty good imagination. OTOH he was an incredibly good programmer.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    Hehe, priorities.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Jmg, I just realized something.

If someone wanted to be able to check if the crystal oscillator was, indeed, running, they could just tie the XO pin to a regular I/O pin and monitor for changes.
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    Jmg, I just realized something.

If someone wanted to be able to check if the crystal oscillator was, indeed, running, they could just tie the XO pin to a regular I/O pin and monitor for changes.
    I guess, but that does need and external wire, right ?
    It also adds another pin's C-Loading to the Xtal.
    Modern Xtals tend to have reducing C specs, with some giving 6pF for correct freq,