Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax Webinars — Parallax Forums

Parallax Webinars

For those of you who have not attended one of these Parallax Webinars - you really need to give it a try!

Lots of fun and you will learn and see lots of great demos, get your questions answered, and meet lots of great folks! All for FREE!

https://www.parallax.com/news/2017-01-10/attend-free-one-hour-webinar-ken-gracey-will-guide-you-through-teaching-programming

Comments

• Can they be put on YouTube please?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    That was very cool today. Hope to be able to join Wednesday too.
  • Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2017-01-18 16:40
    David Betz: these webinars are meant to be live and interactive, so right now to view them you'll need to register and attend.

Ken may post some or all of these latest webinars to our Youtube channel in the future, depending on popularity and available resources. Matt Matz posted one last month called "Tour the BlocklyProp Starter Kit".

Dates and times for upcoming webinars are posted to our Events calendar. Registration links are in the event details.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-01-18 16:47
    I just opted out of the webinar today since it was filled. I hope another teacher can jump in.
  • These are not filled, including today. Feel free to jump in! - Ken
  • Hi
    Awkward time for me - a video would be great
    Dave
  • tritonium wrote: »
    Hi
    Awkward time for me - a video would be great
    Dave
    Same here. I never seem to be available when these are held. I'd love videos even though they won't be interactive.

• I like seeing these, but I don't want to take the spot of a teacher. So videos of them would be very welcome.
    Even if it was just one per webinar type (instead of repeating the same one).
  • Being able to view the webinars at a convenient time and to pause them for interruptions would certainly be nice. So I would second having videos of them available on Youtube.

-Phil
  • Yep, you'll get videos! I can hear the protests from here, so we shall cooperate.

Today's video on the Arduino didn't record because we'd already stuffed our Zoom storage space to 130%. But you probably aren't too interested in the Arduino anyway and want to see the videos from the S3 and BlocklyProp. Give us two weeks max and they'll be on YouTube. - Ken Gracey
  • Why two weeks? We need to edit out the very boring presenter who is loaded with idle periods, broken demos, and worthless babble.

Thanks, Ken Gracey
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    @Ken - don't edit out the song and dance number...

I think these will be great videos and useful for those who can't make a webinar. Thanks for all you folks do!
  • Thanks, Ken! I know that editing a video requires considerable effort -- an effort that we shall all appreciate in the end.

-Phil
  • You rock Ken!
    The delay is acceptable of course!

Thanks!
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Why two weeks? We need to edit out the very boring presenter who is loaded with idle periods, broken demos, and worthless babble.

Thanks, Ken Gracey
    Worthless babble? I doubt it! :-)
    Thanks for offering to provide the videos. I'm looking forward to some great viewing!