Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Annual Holiday Giveaway - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Annual Holiday Giveaway

Comments

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2016-12-03 00:18
    Here are a few additions to my list:

BeMicro CV Cyclone V E FPGA Development Kit (I believe these can be used to experiment with a single COG P2.)
    BeMicro CV Cyclone V E FPGA Development Kit (I believe these can be used to experiment with a single COG P2.)
    BORA Binary Explorer Board (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545073874/bora-the-binary-explorer-board)
    MACH66 Programmable Logic Starter Kit (requires a Windows computer with a parallel port)

• David -

If one of the 555-28027 motion sensors is still available, I'd like one.

Buck Rogers -

Which part were you not able to identify? Or was it that you couldn't read my handwriting chicken scratches? :)

Thanks,

Walter
  • Buck,

I'll take a couple of the Adafruit Trinkets. PM sent.

Jeff
  • wmosscrop wrote: »
    David -

There is still one left. Send me a PM with your mailing address.

• Jeff Haas wrote: »
    Buck,

Jeff,

I'm the one offering those. Two for you! PM me with your address.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    I'd get in on this except for mailing things out. Not even the price, but our local Post Offices (LA area) are a year-round disaster and even moreso at holiday time. I only wait in their ridiculously long, slow lines to mail packages when someone holds a gun to my head. There's not a postal employee in LA with any hustle whatsoever.

BUT I have lots of little goodies to share. I promise to bring them to the Parallax freebie table at their upcoming(?) Expo. @Ken_Gracey, now when is that, April 2017? :)
  • erco wrote: »
    I'd get in on this except for mailing things out. Not even the price, but our local Post Offices (LA area) are a year-round disaster and even moreso at holiday time. I only wait in their ridiculously long, slow lines to mail packages when someone holds a gun to my head. There's not a postal employee in LA with any hustle whatsoever.

Eveything but your bills are being sent to another address.
  • Seairth wrote: »
    Jeff Haas wrote: »
    Buck,

Jeff,

I'm the one offering those. Two for you! PM me with your address.

Done! Thanks.

Bedeebeedee....Sorry, Buck.
    David -

Buck Rogers -

Which part were you not able to identify? Or was it that you couldn't read my handwriting chicken scratches? :)

Thanks,

Walter

Your handwriting is fine. It is the track equipped body. Who makes it? That I way I can ask them about information.
  • I shipped the following items today:

#555-28027 Passive Infrared Motion Sensor

SimplyTronics ST EDU ST-00101 Rev A
    Bill Henning's RoboPi minus the DIP Propeller chip (Propeller board that plugs into a RaspberryPi)
    Raspberry Icing minus the DIP Propeller chip (Propeller board that plugs into a RaspberryPi)

• It is the track equipped body. Who makes it? That I way I can ask them about information.

It's an SN1700 chassis from Sinoning. It didn't come with any information like a manual.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medium-Damping-Balance-Tank-Robot-Chassis-Crawler-for-Arduino-DIY-TOY-SN1700-/282267068617

It is the track equipped body. Who makes it? That I way I can ask them about information.

It's an SN1700 chassis from Sinoning. It didn't come with any information like a manual.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Medium-Damping-Balance-Tank-Robot-Chassis-Crawler-for-Arduino-DIY-TOY-SN1700-/282267068617

Makes sense. What about a motor controller? (Wouldn't want to try and manage things directly.)
  • tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
    edited 2016-12-04 00:21
    Eight pieces SimplyTronics RGB Led Matrix Module. Parallax sold these as 32324. I had reprogrammed them in spin, but if I recall correctly, I restored them to factory software.

15 pieces 0.047F 8V supercaps.
  • Eight pieces SimplyTronics RGB Led Matrix Module. Parallax sold these as 32324. I had reprogrammed them in spin, but if I recall correctly, I restored them to factory software.

Can I have all of the LED modules, and a couple supercaps?
  • Seairth wrote: »
    Eight pieces SimplyTronics RGB Led Matrix Module. Parallax sold these as 32324. I had reprogrammed them in spin, but if I recall correctly, I restored them to factory software.

Can I have all of the LED modules, and a couple supercaps?
    Yup. PM your address and I'll mail them on Monday.
  • So, if I have some surplus this might be the place to post it? Or not.
    This is a little OT, I really like the sharing to others thing. I am trying to figure a local MCU hardware library concept. Wondering if there already is such a thing, and how to find an example of it. I think the local schools might like it if compatible with their projects.
    I will be showing my gear at a local market to see if any interest occurs there. I have a lot of salvaged electro mechanical parts to take.
  • Eight pieces SimplyTronics RGB Led Matrix Module. Parallax sold these as 32324. I had reprogrammed them in spin, but if I recall correctly, I restored them to factory software.

I was really interested in the SimplyTronics RGB LED Matrix modules when they first came out but I had thought it would be possible for adjacent modules to interact with each other when more than one was used at the same time. It turns out that this isn't really possible. There are some much simpler modules available from AdaFruit that can communicate. Unfortunately, they aren't RGB LEDs and they are only 4x4 not 8x8. I tried to convince SimplyTronics to modify their design but they weren't interested.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/89
  • David Betz wrote: »

I was really interested in the SimplyTronics RGB LED Matrix modules when they first came out but I had thought it would be possible for adjacent modules to interact with each other when more than one was used at the same time. It turns out that this isn't really possible. There are some much simpler modules available from AdaFruit that can communicate. Unfortunately, they aren't RGB LEDs and they are only 4x4 not 8x8. I tried to convince SimplyTronics to modify their design but they weren't interested.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/89

Let me count the ways:
    1. No mounting holes. Basically impossible to build an array
    2. Asynchronous interface. No way to get above about 100K bits/sec
    3. Tiny LEDs
    4. No way to communicate among modules

• And now for something completely different:
    I have one of each:

Parallax Pro Devel board
    Parallax HWB and
    Parallax Serial BOE

The first and last need a BS2 to work, the middle has it. The PDB will support a variety of devices. Also a large quantity of chips of varied styles, and names. And if anyone is interested, please PM first. And erco if you want that BOE board, please remember to submit an alternate destination.
  • Publison wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »
    I always wanted a Defcon badge to see if it would talk to the Parallax Badge.
    That reminds me that I've always wanted a Parallax Badge. :-)
    I'll send you one.

Okay my list is up.

I have one of each:

Parallax Pro Devel board
    Parallax HWB and
    Parallax Serial BOE

The first and last need a BS2 to work, the middle has it. The PDB will support a variety of devices. Also a large quantity of chips of varied styles, and names. And if anyone is interested, please PM first. And erco if you want that BOE board, please remember to submit an alternate destination.

I'll kick in a BS-2 for each of Buck's two boards that are missing them.

I have one of each:

Parallax Pro Devel board
    Parallax HWB and
    Parallax Serial BOE

I'll kick in a BS-2 for each of Buck's two boards that are missing them.

Great!
    Oh and erco? Your robots are staying with Tom for an extended weekend.

I do owe you something for your next visit to NYC.
  • tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
    edited 2016-12-08 20:43

Great!
    And the cats are non too thrilled about it!

Edit: something about oil in the litter box

• Great!
    And the cats are non too thrilled about it!

They are? I thought the mountain lion driving his own car, a Yukon, was a good idea.

• Makes sense. What about a motor controller? (Wouldn't want to try and manage things directly.)

I've had decent luck with one of these controlling a 2-motor Rover 5 chassis (which replaced the SN1700):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5A-Dual-Channel-DC-PWM-Motor-Driver-Module-Speed-Dual-H-Bridge-for-Arduino-/172378690970

The board I use has an unmarked IC. But it's worked well, even when the motors stalled.

There are probably much better boards for motor control. I have no experience with them.

Walter

Makes sense. What about a motor controller? (Wouldn't want to try and manage things directly.)

I've had decent luck with one of these controlling a 2-motor Rover 5 chassis (which replaced the SN1700):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5A-Dual-Channel-DC-PWM-Motor-Driver-Module-Speed-Dual-H-Bridge-for-Arduino-/172378690970

The board I use has an unmarked IC. But it's worked well, even when the motors stalled.

There are probably much better boards for motor control. I have no experience with them.

Walter

Hello!
    I see. (No really.) However on the bottom of the page are a batch of others.
    And some traveled here with that chassis.
    edited 2016-12-16 02:10
    Here is what is left of the stuff I’ve offered. I think I’m going to leave this up for a few more days and then retract my offer. There isn’t much time to ship this stuff before Christmas.

#28036 4-Direction Tilt Sensor
    #28500 PMB-648 SiRF GPS Int Antenna
    #28500 PMB-648 SiRF GPS Int Antenna
    #29133 Compass Module HMC5883L
    #27800 2-Axis Joystick
    #27899 4x4 Matrix Membrane Keypad
    #28380 ColorPAL
    #28825 SoundPAL

MQ-5 Gas Sensor
    Cluso's BaseBlade1 + MemBlade

BORA Binary Explorer Board (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545073874/bora-the-binary-explorer-board)
    MACH64 Programmable Logic Starter Kit (requires a Windows computer with a parallel port)

Stuff that has already been shipped:

#35000 Board of Education Shield
    #28017 Memsic Dual-Axis Accelerometer
    #27800 2-Axis Joystick
    #27911 Gyroscope Module L3G4200D
    #27801 5-Position Switch
    #29124 Altimeter Module MS5607
    SimplyTronics ST EDU ST-00101 Rev A
    Bill Henning's RoboPi minus the DIP Propeller chip (Propeller board that plugs into a RaspberryPi)
    Raspberry Icing minus the DIP Propeller chip (Propeller board that plugs into a RaspberryPi)
    DEF CON 22 Badge

MACH66 Programmable Logic Starter Kit (requires a Windows computer with a parallel port)
    David, is this MACH66 board wearing an AMD legend?

And why are all of erco's robots at your place? They were supposed to be in a droid's only place in the mountains of PA by now.

David, is this MACH66 board wearing an AMD legend?

And why are all of erco's robots at your place? They were supposed to be in a droid's only place in the mountains of PA by now.
    No, the MACH64 board is from Andre' LaMothe of Nurve Systems. It's an educational package with a printed book containing lots of experiments.

http://www.ic0nstrux.com/mach64-programmable-logic-starter-kit#.WFKGlHeZOrM
    edited 2016-12-16 02:11
    Everything has been claimed from my original list except the MACH64 Programmable Logic Starter Kit. I guess no one has a PC with a parallax port anymore! :-)

Thanks to everyone who participated. I hope you enjoy your items. And thanks also to those who sent me items. They are very much appreciated. My offer is now closed.