Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Have To Give It Up For A While — Parallax Forums

Have To Give It Up For A While

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2017-01-04 23:17 in General Discussion
EDIT from original post: Added Wild Thumper and reduced prices on other items. Anything left on 1/13/2017 will be listed on eBay on 1/14/2017.

Due to ongoing health issues and the fact that I am unable to work for a while I have to give up the hobby and sell off some of my possessions.

I will combine items for shipping if you buy multiple items. I will ship International but please contact me first for shipping charges.

I am open to offers but please keep in mind I am doing this because I have to, not because I want to. These are tough times right now and hopefully they will smooth out before long but prospects are not looking up at the moment.

I have decided to part with my prized 6 wheel Wild Thumper. Comes fully assembled with a Parallax Activity Board. I will throw in an additional Activity Board.
$325.00 Shipped anywhere in the U.S. I hate to give it up but bills before thrills.

Parallax Prop Scope with extra set of probes. Only used a couple of times and comes with box: $120.00 Shipped within the US.

Parallax Prop BOE Board, Like New, $60.00 within the US.

Parallax BOE-Bot, No Servos, Serial, Basic Stamp 2 Rev 1, Board is Rev C. $65.00 Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. Spinneret Web Server, $30.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

Easy VR Development Kit: Barely used. $40.00 Shipped within the US.

USB BOE W/ BS2 Rev G $40.00 Shipped within the US.

USB BOE W/ BS2 Rev J $40.00 Shipped within the US.

Serial BOE W/ BS2 No viewable Rev markings $30.00 Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. BS2-SX Rev G $25.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

PayPal or Check. PayPal Account is ebay@nwupgradesplus.com.

Comments

• Sorry to hear that your health condition and bills are dictating your electronics sale Andy! If we can help in any way, please don''t hesitate to ask.

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers in the mean time.

Tim
  • Thoughts and prayers are always a good thing!!
  • Tim-M wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that your health condition and bills are dictating your electronics sale Andy! If we can help in any way, please don''t hesitate to ask.

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers in the mean time.

Tim
    Ditto. These are my thoughts too.
  • I'd like to pop for the PPDB shipped to california. Let me know and I'll send the $100 to your paypal and PM my mailing address.

AdThanksVance

tc
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Andy: So sorry to hear this news, you're one of my favorite guys in the forum. You have a great spirit of adventure and experimentation, and you're always eager to help. You're a born experimenter, so obviously this must be a serious situation for you to set it aside as you have described. As others have said, we will be praying and pulling for you, both for improved health and getting you back in the hobby, where you belong.

Will PM you shortly. God bless!
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    NWCCTV,

Sorry to hear that. We are all rooting for you.
  • NWCCTV,

It really sucks being sick. Back in the old days, docs accepted chickens in trade for house calls. Maybe one of yours would like a robot or two?

Seriously, and all levity aside, you're in my fondest thoughts to be back to normal and in the swing of things very soon! Here's to a speedier and less expensive recovery than you might be anticipating.

All the best,
    -Phil
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    My thoughts are with you and hoping for a speedie recovery.
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2016-10-07 00:06
    NWCCTV, you have quite a history here on the Parallax Forums, and we may have commented on each others posts before, but I hope your situation turns around, and you don't have to give up your hobby.

I am clinging to the idea, there is a theriputic aspect in this for keeping the mind sharp, not that I had a real edge on mine in the first place. ;)

Good luck and wish you all the best.

Mike Y.
  • Received my PPDB today; it included a properly socketed DIP40 and works fine.

I hesitate, but will point out that is the only thing with strikethrough on the list. People, NWCCTV posted that list because he wants to sell the items. There are good deals there. Step up.
  • Request for parts sent.
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck!
    There are good deals there. Step up.

Good call, Andy's a good friend and loyal forumista. I didn't need parts but I assisted elsewhere.

• Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support. I will ship items that were purchased over the weekend on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I have more items to add, just need to dig them up when feeling a little better.
  • Andy, sent you a PM
    Andy, hope you're doing OK. Thoughts, prayers and good vibes your way, Boss.
  • NWCCTV wrote: »
    Due to ongoing health issues and the fact that I am unable to work for a while I have to give up the hobby and sell off some of my possessions. I have a whole bunch of Parallax items that will be getting listed. It is unfortunate but I need to pay the bills and I have way too much stuff doing nothing but collecting dust. I will add items as I get time and actually have the energy over the next couple of weeks.

I will combine items for shipping if you buy multiple items. I will ship International but please contact me first for shipping charges.

I am open to offers but please keep in mind I am doing this because I have to, not because I want to. These are tough times right now and hopefully they will smooth out before long but prospects are not looking up at the moment.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the years of help with all my crazy ideas.

Parallax Prop Scope with extra set of probes. Only used a couple of times and comes with box: $140.00 Shipped within the US.

Parallax Professional Development Board: $100.00 Shipped within the US.

Parallax Prop BOE Board, Like New, $60.00 within the US.

Parallax BOE-Bot, No Servos, Serial, Basic Stamp 2 Rev 1, Board is Rev C. $70.00 Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. Spinneret Web Server, $30.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

Brand New Human Interface Board for Quickstart. $20.00 Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. Wiznet W5200 for Quickstart: $30.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

RN-42 Bluetooth Module: $40.00 Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. Propeller Demo, 1 Rev F, 1 Rev G, $30.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

Easy VR Development Kit: Barely used. $45.00 Shipped within the US.

USB BOE W/ BS2 Rev G $45.00 Shipped within the US.

USB BOE W/ BS2 Rev J $45.00 Shipped within the US.

Serial BOE W/ BS2 No viewable Rev markings $35.00 Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. BS2-SX Rev G $30.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

2 Ea. Little-Step-U Motor Controllers, Brand New as in never used. $30.00 Ea. Shipped within the US.

I have a Wild Thumper, 6 wheeled that I bought a couple years ago. I am not sure if I want to sell it or not as I paid $375.00 for it shipped. It is fully assembled and comes with a Propeller Project Board. If someone makes me a descent enough offer I may be inclined to part with it.

I also have an Elev8 V1 Kit That I am also unsure if I want to part with or not. It is a complete kit with lots of extra parts for it. Again, If someone makes a descent enough offer I might part with it.

PayPal or Check. PayPal Account is ebay@nwupgradesplus.com.

As far as I know thes item's are still available.

This is my little bit of help, wish all the best.

MikeY.
  • Just checking in to let everyone know I'm doing OK and still have above items for sale. I should hopefully be adding more soon.
  • Glad to hear you're doing okay, Andy. We're all hoping for the best going forward.

-Phil
    edited 2016-12-02 04:51
    Glad to hear you're doing okay, Andy. We're all hoping for the best going forward.

-Phil

+1. Thanks for the update, Andy. You're a good man and solid Forumista. We're all wishing you good health and smooth sailing, especially as the holidays approach. BTW if you're missing out on the shopping mall crowds for whatever reason, that might just be something to be a little thankful for. :)

Take care, Boss, and Merry Christmas to you!

• Thanks all. Holidays were good but glad they are over. I edited the original post. Added Wild Thumper and dropped prices on other items.
    edited 2017-01-05 04:52
    Happy New Year Andy! Nice to hear from you again, hope you're doing well and 2017 is the year you're back 110% and you can buy everything back. Hopefully not for 120% of your selling price!
  • A bit late (or very early), but Happy New Year anyway!
    @NWCCTV, I've sent you a PM
  • Got it and responded.
    Happy Pi Day Andy!
  • Dang! I've been there. You have my best thoughts during this tough time.